Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jenny Diabetic & Cushings Poodle is an Angel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jenny 11 y/o Poodle

i would say weirdo judi

kind of weird how you figured that out you are quite the detective
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Originally posted by jesse girl View Post
      i would say weirdo judi

kind of weird how you figured that out you are quite the detective
      ha ha ha. That's what I thought. I'm really slow on the uptake. Today was incident #3, I wondered last week.

I like coming home to the house smelling good but I can start doing it overnight if it is making her uncomfortable. poor weird baby.
      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Ahh, don't you love the little puddles. THAT part I don't miss!

could there be anything else that happens on crock pot day to trigger an accident?

Tara
        Tara in honor of Ruby.
        She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
        Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubytuesday View Post
          Ahh, don't you love the little puddles. THAT part I don't miss!

could there be anything else that happens on crock pot day to trigger an accident?

Tara
          ha! that is why we got rid of the carpet. nothing out of her routine. my husband thinks I'm nuts. Maybe I'll try it one more time next week! lol
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Ali's bg would get further 'off' than usual on crockpot days. And Carla used to talk about food smells triggering pancreatitis. I'd say a link could be very possible. I got to the point where I put the crock pot out on Tim's toolbench in the garage so the smell wasn't as strong, lol.
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

thanks Patty! glad to know I am not totally imagining it!

hope you guys are enjoying Kentucky

Comment

Hmm...sounds like a good excuse for take out! I may use that one- can't cook tonight, it might make Maggie sick!
                Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

have any of your female dogs ever had bulgy skin around their privates? Jenny has been battling this since her UTI's hit her. When we went to the ER vet he told me we could have the extra skin surgically removed. (not really something I want to put her through)

her regular vet told me to keep it clean and use a cortisol cream to give her some relief which is what we've been doing. I have also cut back on her food a little since she isn't getting much exercise up here on the frozen tundra.

last night I put the cream on her and this morning her blood sugar was 428. she acts peppy so I'm not panicking just wondering if this is another unique Jenny thing.

Comment

Don't know about the bulging skin thing... Haven't had to deal with that one yet but when tigs allergies go crazy I use cortisol cream on the little hotspots she gets. Raises her quite a but also but it's only for a couple days

Poor little Jenny, I wouldn't put her thru the surgery either

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by SandyL View Post
                      Don't know about the bulging skin thing... Haven't had to deal with that one yet but when tigs allergies go crazy I use cortisol cream on the little hotspots she gets. Raises her quite a but also but it's only for a couple days

Poor little Jenny, I wouldn't put her thru the surgery either

Sandy
                      thanks Sandy. I think the cream does give her some relief. fatty private parts, only Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by Judi View Post
                        thanks Sandy. I think the cream does give her some relief. fatty private parts, only Jenny
                        Actually I had noticed this on Abby as well. I spoke with the vet about it once, and they said it was nothing to worry about, but it did look a little swollen.

Abby, however, did not seem to be bothered by it.

How is that girl of yours doing?

Barb
                        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

that makes me feel a little better barb. Jenny's bugs her.

She is doing ok. On days after the cortisone we are in the 400-500's, otherwise she is at a good level. She misses her walks but we've had such bitter cold temps; I just try to play with them more in the house.

She misses her favorite human on the planet, my husband, who is only home on weekends. Fickle female!

Still thinking of you and Abby. hugs, Judi

Comment

As a young dog, Soaphie had that surgery - to remove the extra skin around her privates. I don't think I would do it to a blue-hair though. She did fine - but she was young. Really helped to clear up her skin issues down there....
                            Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

it just amazes me that such little things make such a big deal in blood sugar .

cant offer anything judi but support and hope for an easy decision on your part

thats the problem with choices you have to choose one

winter will be done before you know it
                              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

now I really feel less weird for her. Thanks Tami! I'm glad it helped one of your flappers! (the hats make them look like flappers to me)

Jessegirl, no one has made tougher choices than you. The vet did give me some ear medicine to use on her privates cause he thought it might not affect her blood sugar as much as the cortisol but I really wanted to give her relief so I used the cortisol.

maybe next time I'll try his suggestion. She can't be comfortable at over 400 blood sugar either poor girl. But she still tried to kill a stuffed animal.

Comment

Working...
                                X