Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Diggydog

Such a handsome dude!
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

He is quite the dude Ok down boy, mommy needs to give you some medicine

I am always facinated by their eyes and <that< look... always wondering what they are thinking. Oh I wish I could read their thoughts

Louise

Comment

Now I have yet another reason to go to Scotland - to hug your pup!!! Too cute
        Gigi - 11.5 year old Jack Russell/Beagle mix - dx 11/11, hypothyroid dx 8/23/12 | Insulin: Novolin N | Frequency: 2x's per day | Dosage: 4-5 units, depends on the day | Blood Glucose Meter: Alpha Trak 2 | Typical BG Readings: 100-200| Regulation: Doing great! | Celebrating 11 years together, 3.5 of those as diabetic |

Comment

Oh what a mug. He is so cuddleable.

Tara
          Tara in honor of Ruby.
          She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
          Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Oh my gosh I want to kidnap him! Too cute!

Comment

Hey Allison, ... how's your rooster, I mean pup, Alfie, doing???
              Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Thinking of you and Alfie this christmas time and hope all going well for the wee fellow and his siblings! Hoping for lots of fun and treats and cwtches for Alfie.

xxx
                Pippa; Westie, diagnosed 17th April 2012 at 6.5 years old, 8.7kgs, 6.8 units canninsulin bd, Burns high oats food . Lives with George 9 (Black lab), Polly 19 (cat) and Basil 15 (diabetic mog for 5+ years). Im Jen and we live in West Wales where it rains too much!

Comment

Originally posted by farrwf View Post
                  Hey Allison, ... how's your rooster, I mean pup, Alfie, doing???
                  Hi Bill

Thanks for asking.

Alfie is doing ok - no change in him yet from when he was dx. I admit I expected him to be showing more symptoms and having more episodes but nothing.
                  I think if he is still the same by the end of Jan I am getting the MRI done - its a lot of money and wasn't going to put him through it but I think its something that might need to be done.

He still has a weakness on his right hand side and trouble placing his right paws but its no worse than it was.
                  He is into week 2 on prednisone - his bg's are really difficult to manage. We are on almost double the amount of his insulin and still not seeing much movement in the right direction which is making us all really miserable.

On the plus side, Phoebe is no longer in season so he is not trying to hump her any more which makes her very happy!!!
                  He is still going on his daily walks with the girls for an hour, a little bit slower these days but he really enjoys them and we spend most nights curled up together on the sofa with the girls.

We have had a lot of visitors in the last couple of weeks - Alfie means a lot to so many people and everyone wants to spend some time with him which is sweet.
                  His days are full of the things he loves - its very bitter sweet for me.
                  Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

Big hugs to you and Alfie in particular, Allison, to help you through the hard times. And of course, also, hugs to the other dogs. Alfie is a true buddy from way back.

Lots of love along with the hugs,
                    Sat, 22 Dec 2012 13:55:06 (PST)
                    http://www.coherentdog.org/
                    CarolW

Comment

Thinking of you Allison and little Alfie this New Year.
                      Hoping that Alfies days are still full of all the things he loves best and that you are bearing up yourself.
                      Pippa; Westie, diagnosed 17th April 2012 at 6.5 years old, 8.7kgs, 6.8 units canninsulin bd, Burns high oats food . Lives with George 9 (Black lab), Polly 19 (cat) and Basil 15 (diabetic mog for 5+ years). Im Jen and we live in West Wales where it rains too much!

Comment

Allison as long as sweet Alfie is doing things he loves that all you can do... At one point it's quality over quantity. Enjoy those bittersweet moments and remember, he knows he's loved

Sandy

Comment

How is your little man doing Allison?
                          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Originally posted by Patty View Post
                            How is your little man doing Allison?

Dirty boy has yet another penile sheath infection - I don't know where he meets all these dirty girls that keep giving him VD

He is starting to show what my vet thinks is seizure activity - he kind of blanks out staring at the wall and things and his head shakes and he blinks alot.
                            Still on the pred and now up to 8units NPH bid.
                            He used to be soooo sensitive to insulin and only on a tiny amount for his weight but the steroids make it so difficult to control his bg's
                            He is on almost 4 x as much insulin per injection just now and we still have high bg's.

Thinking about a switch back to Levemir at this point with him but not sure as it might just be best to leave well alone and continue on with the NPH
                            Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

hollis decker i believe is doing ok with levemir and prednisone maybe she can chime in on what she thinks about a change back

jesse has had a lifetime of seizures due to her epilepsy

what your describing sounds different from jesse which makes sense but still is probably something neurological at least in jesse case
                              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Sorry to hear about the infection Allison. Pred can make them more susceptible. What dose on pred is he on now?

It does sound like a petit mal type seizure. Does doc want to start an anticonvulsant? Thinking of you both!

Comment

Working...
                                X