Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Kramer - Back in the hospital

I'm glad Kramer is home again and feeling better. Here's hoping he continues to improve and you get some answers. Take care,
Jo-Ann & Lady
Old 06-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

You guys have been through the wringer...hoping Kramer continues to mend!
Patty
Old 06-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Administrator

I'm glad he's home again. Hopefully the blood work will shed some light on what's going on with him.

Will keep checking for updates and hoping for good news for you all,

Natalie
Old 06-16-2009, 10:56 AM

He seems to be doing well again, although this vet wanted us to try Caninsulin (vetsulin) again for the 4th time because Kramers numbers have not been in control recently (try NEVER). So he's getting caninsulin twice a day and we're still feeding him canned food because he devours it.

We're going to wait a few weeks to do the bloodwork, partly because right now his body is trying to heal, so it may not give us a great representation of what is actually going on, and partly because we've spent 2000 bucks on him in the last couple of weeks and our wallets need a rest.

I doubt that our "small town" vets will have a test for the hemolytic anemia, but we'll ask when we go in. Anemia can be caused by chronic illnesses such as the diabetes so it may just be taking a toll on him. We'll reserve judgement until he's had a couple of weeks to recover and we get the bloodwork done.

Here's hoping Kramer can stay out of the hospital for a couple of weeks at least!!!

Breanne and Kramer
Old 06-16-2009, 11:08 AM

I hope Kramer stays out of the hospital too- I really hope he starts to get better and better, poor thing.... I am hoping for the best for you and Kramer.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Founding Member

Glad Kramer is home, I'd wait awhile also before the bloodtests, let him get comfy at home and not see the door to the hospital or vets office.
Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday
Old 06-17-2009, 06:21 AM
Founding Member

HAPPY Kramer is home. Hoping he continues to do well.

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart
Old 06-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Sending a hug to Kramer... he's one very tough little dude.

Natalie
Old 10-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Founding Moderator

Bumping this up because of Kramer's problems with lipids in his blood and his being treated for them.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

I have a springer with the platelet disorder. He was on Imurin for a year vs. prednisone which is what alot of vets like to perscribe. He did very well on it and we weaned him off of it with within 6 months. His anemia is in check. Although his platelets are at the low end they are still normal. He was urinated alot with this disease, gums were very lite. As it progressed there was blood in the urine. Hope Kramer does well.