Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything that's not related to diabetes in dogs!

Old 01-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Founding Member

Default Sad news, Dolly passed away August 3, 2018

If you click on Picture it will enlarge.
Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Last edited by eyelostit; 09-27-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: change
Old 01-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Surpise meet my friend

I can't see a picture...must be my browser. I will have to see if I can get in on another computer and see if it will show.

Jenny

PS Great to hear from you.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Founding Member

Pippy is a brown border collie mix, I think she is part Irish Setter or some kind of Spaniel from her freckled nose, she sure is Border Collie, she has amber eyes.

I never had a brown/auburn color dog before.

I saw her listed online at a shelter, I keep looking at her picture & going back to the site, then I called, "Is she still there" so I told the gal It'd take me about 2 hrs to get there, they kept her overnight for me cuz I had to stay at a motel, they chipped her and I had her spayed the week later, shots and all of that.

I go to the new vet who last saw Niki, I liked him and his associates there.

She surely ease's the pain from losing my Niki, I still think I have a blind dog, certain times when coming in house etc, I still put my hand over the edge of the door & things like that.

I was back again at the dogfood aisles reading all the ingredients again, she's eating the Wellness brand. She's a holy terror running all over the place,picking up things that I don't know where she gets them from, still a pup she either 1yr 9 months or 10 months, both the Vet and the Shelter wrote different ages, judging I think a year at most.

LOL I didn't know what I was getting into with this lil Pippy, all of my dogs were older and knew the rules.

I'm sure Niki would like my new friend.
Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday
Old 01-17-2011, 11:04 PM
Founding Member

Dolly,

I am so happy for you. Niki will always be part of your hear but you have enough room for another.

I too have 2 healthy young dogs now, compared to my three geriatrics and I still try to stop them from hurting themselves as if they are blind, deaf and feeble.

Can you put her pic in your album so I can see her.

Jenny
Old 01-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBuddy View Post
I can't see a picture...must be my browser. I will have to see if I can get in on another computer and see if it will show.

Jenny

PS Great to hear from you.
I know at times Nat can't see my pictures but others can, I just don't understand computers, I'm thinking of getting a new one but the thought of copying files and getting myself sick over the install etc. makes me wait.

I heard about the flooding there, I hope it did not affect you, its springtime right there right? Geez I gotta wait 2 more months & them some, we never know what April will do here, hot& cold or rain & cold or all and it ruins my apple trees.

Last edited by eyelostit; 01-17-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Dolly,

I am so happy for you. Niki will always be part of your hear but you have enough room for another.

I too have 2 healthy young dogs now, compared to my three geriatrics and I still try to stop them from hurting themselves as if they are blind, deaf and feeble.

Can you put her pic in your album so I can see her.

Jenny
Let me give it a try, stand by.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Founding Member

Jen, you should be able to view my pictures now.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Founding Member

Wow.

I was already there waiting and she is just beautiful. Such an expressive face, you are going to have so much fun together.

Jen
Old 01-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Wow.

I was already there waiting and she is just beautiful. Such an expressive face, you are going to have so much fun together.

Jen
I think to view albums you have to add members to friends list or make it public.

Oh my, we are having fun , so much fun I feel like I have a toddler.

LOL, Dolly
Old 01-18-2011, 05:10 AM
Senior Member and Moderator

Hey Dollyhe
So good to see you back Sr. ! Pip is a real cutie and I know she has filled your heart with smiles and love. Looks like a border collie aussie shepard to me. Nice size. I know what you mean about the young ones. Toby sure keeps me on my toes. He seems to have learned the rules and then he'll run around the living room leaping over a table and couch to catch a yorkie or kittie Welcome back dolly