X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilly says hello from Germany

Lilly , 8 years, Bordercollie ,switch from Caninsulin to Insuman 25/75

Re: Hello from Germany

Hi. Lilly is beautiful. How is she doing on the new insulin? There is a 70/30 in the US but not too many people use it. Always good to hear of different alternatives
    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Re: Lilly says hello from Germany

Welcome to the forum!
      Please tell us more about Lilly! how long has she been diabetic? Do you home test her blood? As Judi mentioned, we are not familiar with Insuman insulin here, guess I'll do a search

I think we all would be interested in how diabetes is managed in Germany.

Craig
      Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Just looked up Insuman. Looks like it is produced by Aventis.

Insuman Basal (NPH) is close to what many in the States use (Novolin-N).

Wondering why you selected the 25/75? Was it recommended by a vet? I think a 25% R, and 75% N might be a good match for some dogs. The 15 / 85 also looks interesting! http://petdiabetes.wikia.com/wiki/Insuman

Craig
        Last edited by CraigM; 10-27-2013, 12:48 PM. Reason: Added link to Insuman insulin
        Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Originally posted by mine View Post
          Lilly , 8 years, Bordercollie ,switch from Caninsulin to Insuman 25/75
          Welcome! What a beautiful pup you have! I would love to know more about him/her...whatever you want to tell us!

You have found a wonderful forum with lots of knowledgeable people that are more than willing to share! Hope you find what you need here!
          Mel
          Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum.
            Lily looks lovely in her picture
            Antonia
            Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

Working...
            X