Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nike and Kenai

Originally posted by ventilate View Post
    wanted to post an update for Nike and Kenai; Yes its Kenai again. He growled at me when he was laying on MY bed and I tried to get in MY bed and I guess it desturbed his royal ass, so I did the Cesar thing again, not in anger but was assertive, hung on for about 10 minutes then he really did relax and I let him go and he stayed there for another couple minutes. He growled at me the when I went to cut his nails and had to pull his foot out from under him, I layed him down again, we came to an understanding, he wont growl at me anymore and I will let him live....He has been good ever since even around his treats when I leave for work so I guess it worked. He is doing great medically no issues. Nike is doing great as well, going to get her stimed in June which is coming up very quickly, to quickly. Got the Paw Pads on her hope they stay on, had to cut the hair around her pads as I think she was slipping on her hair. They were pretty sticky so time will tell, not sure how they will stay on in rain, seems like they are working so far. Still giving her some pred every now and then.
    My lull is over, have 2 more presentations to do, a poster, and an abstract to do by summer... it was nice while it lasted.
    So all continues well in the house of Giants
    Sharon, Nike and Kenai
    I have been wanting to get these for Barney. Does she try to chew them off?
    I broke down and bought an area rug for the wood floors in my living room, but there are still a couple of slick areas he has trouble with.
    Good for you for standing your ground with Kenai. With a dog that big I can't imagine what it would be like in your house if you didn't have control of him.

Comment

Well the pads work ok, Nike slides a tiny bit before the pads stick. Most of them came off yesterday and last night. I put more on her tonight. I didnt put any on her front paws , just her hind end. She does not try to chew them off, I am surprised too. I bet is it was not raining they would have stayed on better, there were still a few stuck on today. I think I will get some more. You could probably only use 3 on each foot and they would still grip enough and save some $$.
      Yes, If I let Kenai get away with that kind of stuff I would be in big trouble, he is just to big for that and he needs to be undercontrol. Every discription I have read on Giants says they have to be obedience trained as they are to big and powerful not to be. When I got Nike I had to sign a contract saying I would take her to obed classes not Kenai as the breeders were good friends and Nikes mom told Kenais mom that I was a responsible owner. Kenai went to remedial obedience for the first 2 years of his life we went every week bless him...... actually I took him for the socializing, he picked up the obed very fast.

Sharon and all

Comment

She does not try to chew them off, I am surprised too.
        Oh my....I AM delirious!!!!!! I read:

She does not try to chew them off, I am SUPPOSED to!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nighty night!!!

Signing off as Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by ventilate View Post
          Well the pads work ok, Nike slides a tiny bit before the pads stick. Most of them came off yesterday and last night. I put more on her tonight. I didnt put any on her front paws , just her hind end. She does not try to chew them off, I am surprised too. Sharon and all
          Thanks! I have been steering clear of them because I was certain he would chew them off, but I think I will give them a try

Originally posted by forscooter View Post
          Oh my....I AM delirious!!!!!! I read:

She does not try to chew them off, I am SUPPOSED to!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nighty night!!!

Signing off as Anonymous
          Well, I think we now know who is in possession of the blender!

Cheryl

Comment

Working...
          X