Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocu-Glo Rx Pills

Hi Everyone,

I called a Vet Ophthalmologist and asked if there was anything else besides Cataract surgery that I could do for my dog with his changing eye vision.

The only thing they said which they would recommend to me would be Ocu-Glo.

Has anyone tried the Ocu-Glo Capsules on their diabetic dog? It has a bunch of supplements in the capsules and says it is supposed to help prolong eyesight in dogs.

I am just wondering if there is anything in the ingredients that would hurt a diabetic dog.

Blend of Grape Seed Extract, Lutein, Omega-3
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin E
    Vitamin B-1
    Vitamin B-3
    Vitamin B-6
    Folate
    Vitamin B-12
    Biotin
    Pantothenic Acid
    Zinc
    Alpha Lipoic Acid
    Lycopene from Tomato Extract
    Green Tee Extract
    Gelatin
    Glycerin
    Beeswax
    Lechtin
    Soybean Oil
    Liver Extract
    15 yr old, Atypical Cushings, Pancreatitis, Allergies. 11.5u Vetsulin 2x a day. Royal Canin Glycobalance 1 cup 2x Day with 3 teaspoons boiled chicken and chicken bone broth. Snacks Green Beans. Tylan Powder, Purina Fortiflora, Flax Hull Lignans 35mg 1x day.

Re: Ocu-Glo Rx Pills

This has been discussed many times and there is no direct evidence it will help but most agree it cant hurt
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I just posted and asked about this supplement too. I heard that it's good from reviews. I ordered it n it should come today. I just hope that my dog will eat it, he's a very picky eater. I ordered the powder pill type not the gelcap,I heard those pills are huge. As long as my dog will take it, I think it'll help him and won't hurt him. There is a vitamin for cataract human that has the same ingredients as this 1 that my Vet recommended. I don't think it'll hurt them, maybe slow down the cataract to form.. but it'll be expensive, mine will need 2 pills everyday n $30/30 pills which only cover for half month. But as long as it's working I'll be happy.

Comment

It's important to understand that diabetes-induced cataracts are a literal destruction of the lens structure. So once that occurs, the only fix is surgery to remove them. Drops can't put the lens back together. The time for drops would be before they develop.

Also, once cataracts have developed, they can cause quite a bit of eye inflammation. There are fairly inexpensive drops the vet can prescribe to control that inflammation.

Natalie

Comment

I also was told that in order to have the Cataract surgery the BG needs to be under control and there were a few more variables like having clean teeth, etc.

It kind of made me assume that Yukon would not be a good candidate for the surgery.

I should have started to give him the Ocu-Glo pills when he was just in the Nuclear Sclerosis mode. Now I think it might be a little to late :-(
          15 yr old, Atypical Cushings, Pancreatitis, Allergies. 11.5u Vetsulin 2x a day. Royal Canin Glycobalance 1 cup 2x Day with 3 teaspoons boiled chicken and chicken bone broth. Snacks Green Beans. Tylan Powder, Purina Fortiflora, Flax Hull Lignans 35mg 1x day.

Comment

I started to give my dog the Ocu-Glo daily when I first started to notice cataracts and vision problems in Aug 2018. He hasnt had any problems or complications with it and he still has some vision...I can't say for sure if the Ocu-Glo is what prevented him from completely going blind, but he hasn't gotten worse and no issues so the Ocu-Glo will remain as part of his treat after his morning shot

Comment

Thank you for letting me know that - I am hoping I caught it early enough and that the product will keep his eyesight at what it is now. One eye is worse than the other so if he can at least have good vision in one, that would be enough for me.

Comment

Working...
              X