Jazz's Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazz's Story

Jazz is a 9 1/2 year old Maltese. He is our sweet loving baby who we rescued after he was involved in a car accident where his person Mommy was killed. We were blessed to have him come into our lives. When we adopted him, we noticed that he had some breathing issued and our vet diagnosed him with a collapsing trachea. He was put on Prednisolone 1 x day and it managed his condition very well.
    Three years later, (this week) my wife and I noticed a huge change with his thirst and he was urinating in the house. He had never done that. I brought him into the vet yesterday. They tested his urine and blood and I was told that he had diabetes. I was devastated.
    We will be starting him on his insulin (3 units) tomorrow morning. My wife and I are very nervous and we pray that he will be ok. We are thankful that we found this site and we will learn as much as we can as we go.
    Thank you everyone for your support.

Tim & Elizabeth
    Jazz's Parents

Re: Jazz's Story

Sounds like you were a blessing to Jazz as well! Very glad to have you here. I'm going to copy your post into the main forum where more people will see it and respond. You can find it here http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4803

Welcome!
    Patty
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Working...
    X