No announcement yet.

Annie & Craig - Getting too smart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annie & Craig - Getting too smart!

OH my heart....I just popped on here as I was wondering what was happening with the veterans. I am just so sorry to hear of our Annie's passing. Craig - hugs to you and your family. So very sorry for your loss....as well as ours <3

Tami
    Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

• Re: Annie &amp; Craig - Getting too smart!

So very sorry to read about Annie's passing. It doesn't matter how long they are with us, it is never long enough. And when they journey on and leave us they take a piece of our heart with them. Run free sweet Annie💕

Comment

Annie taught us all so much (as did you). Her tolerance and wisdom will be missed. I’m so sorry for your loss.

Holli
        Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Oh Craig. I'm sorry to be over a month behind in catching up and reading this. As Natalie said, Annie must hold some kind of record for the length of time she had diabetes and her age is a testament to your love and care. Sending you warm thoughts and well wishes as I know the sadness and hole she leaves is long lasting.
          Patty
          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Since I’ve been diagnosed as a type-2 I’ve been able to make use of Annie’s ReliOn Prime meter. Thankfully, not on insulin yet.

Craig
            Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
              Since I’ve been diagnosed as a type-2 I’ve been able to make use of Annie’s ReliOn Prime meter. Thankfully, not on insulin yet.

Craig
              No doubt, Annie's watching you poke yourself with a big grin on her face.

Many moons ago when I was working out at a gym 4 - 5 mornings a week, met a guy who was dx'd as Type ll. He weighed ~250# and was on some oral meds for his diabetes. We both worked out very early and began to work out together , ... spotting each other in the free weight area, etc.

Over the course of about a year he lost about 50# and really firmed up. ... Bottom Line: his blood sugar returned to normal levels and he was off all meds, etc. He got there just by losing excess weight and watching what he was eating.

Good luck with your situation.

Last edited by farrwf; 10-29-2017, 07:14 AM.
              Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Just thinking about you and Annie...

Natalie

Comment

Originally posted by k9diabetes View Post
                  Just thinking about you and Annie...

Natalie
                  I still check-in and read posts from time to time😁. No plan to adopt another pup at this time, but I do stop and say “hi” to the neighborhood pups when out for my walks.

I am a member of a human type-2 Diabetes forum and the knowledge from this forum has been very helpful. Btw, my A1c is currently 5.9, which is almost back to pre-diabetic levels.

Craig
                  Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Working...
                  X