PetSure Test Strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PetSure Test Strips

I can’t find any reviews on this new product, but there is a new alternative to the expensive test strips for the AlphaTRAK 2 meter.

http://petsureteststrips.com/
    Last edited by MikeMurphy; 08-17-2018, 11:51 AM.
    Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
    Diabetes: Aug 2013
    Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
    Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Re: PetSure Test Strips

Full Circle looks like the distributor for the product line. In the link below, it's a quarterly report for a company that seems to be the manufacturer. Second paragraph mentions Petsure.

https://www.decisiondiagnostics.co/a...180515_1Qa.pdf
    Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.

Comment

I was just about to ask your question Mike..I did ask on FDMB. After finding the stats and "insert", I ordered a vial $7.95 (with $5 coupon through today) I think the coupon code is for everyone..if not let me know and i'll list it. On FDMB, I saw no reviews but someone responded that they use "insulinX"?? never heard of it. I wrote company asking for stats but just found their insert that made me order to compare. On Ebay, the LosAngeles seller (not N.Y. one) has very positive reviews on Petsure strips.
      Petsure insert...20180614_PetSure_Insert_English.

P.S. Write alphaTrak 2 strips in Ebay search box and 2 sellers show up. When I put Petsure glucose strips in box, only the N.Y. seller showed up.
      Their stock is DECN @3 cents/share?? Interesting???
      Boy do I miss FDMB..I did not ask for followup but the member just sent me a full comparison of AT vs insulinx results(not interested but I guess it's a freestyle strip)
      Last edited by bichons9; 08-11-2018, 12:32 PM. Reason: error
      Squeaker, 15yo, 8.4 lbs, chihuahua, diagnosed 4/26/2021. Diabetes Mellitus 1 +Adrenal Dependent Cushings.
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wD4/edit#gid=0

Comment

I see they have them on Amazon too - same price .
        On Amazon I also see mention of a 60 cnt box that is of course unavailable
        My Pal of 12 years 83.5 lbs Spayed Lab Mix Coco (Coke) Diagnosed 7/24/17--22 units (Relion)Novolin N twice a day.Feeding 1cup Whole Earth (grain free) Kibble/ 7oz's Vital Beef/BisonRaw/ 1 cube pumpkin and 1 cube black bean 2 X day

Comment

I’m also really curious about these! I go through about 120+ AT2 strips/month and could save a lot if these are as good/accurate.

Comment

I use a Relion prime and do the math to convert the reading of Coke's BG which I have found to be very accurate when comparing the BG to that of my Alphatrak 2 for comparison
            I pay $17 and change for 100 Relion strips at Walmart
            I too am going to buy a 30 cn of the Petsure strips and check them against the Alpha readings just to have something to do a comparison from time to time But I'm very happy with the cost of using my Prime (people meter) and doing the math it only takes a second to do and by comparison is very accurate
            I check the Prime meter everytime I go to the Vet against their blood draw test and the Prime readings are within 3-10 points everytime with the closer readings being when her BG is in the lower numbers but being 3-10 in any range will let You know if your having issues especially on the lower readings
            I use the same blood that is drawn with the syringe
            Dogg
            My Pal of 12 years 83.5 lbs Spayed Lab Mix Coco (Coke) Diagnosed 7/24/17--22 units (Relion)Novolin N twice a day.Feeding 1cup Whole Earth (grain free) Kibble/ 7oz's Vital Beef/BisonRaw/ 1 cube pumpkin and 1 cube black bean 2 X day

Comment

Reddogg - what do you mean about doing the math and converting?

Comment

Hi Lolo I didn't know if you were aware of this little tidbit or not but when using the Relion prime all I was told was to take a reading with it and take the number you get and divide it by .7 giving you a number that should be very close to the alpatrak
                Trust me it works great in reference to my Alphatrak
                Take your reading with the Prime and divide the number you get by .7 For instance
                If I get a reading on the low end lets say 90 on my Prime meter My alphatrak will read 93/94
                If I get a reading of 290 0n the Prime my reading on the alphatrak will be 300 give or take a number
                So the Prime always reads slightly lower than the Alphatrak keeping you in the safer zone when getting towards the Hypo end of the BG
                I hope this helps If you decide to try it just use the Prime and the Alphatrak together a few times on high and low numbers to get your comparisons down
                I know I was going broke using the Alphatrak
                Good luck and let us know your results as there are a few peeps on this site using a Prime meter as well
                Dogg

Comment

That’s really interesting! I have a OneTouch (with genultimate strips) and an AlphaTrak. I don’t really trust the onetouch so I don’t use it very much. Whenever I have tested it against the AT2 it usually reads about 30 pts lower than the AT2 when she’s in the lower range (under 250).

Comment

Lolo I can't say if the One touch would work the same as the prime I would imagine with some testing you might figure out what might get it closer to the Alpha reading But for $7-9 bucks I would just get the Prime It has a pretty good track record and is inexpensive to use I'm not sure if You have a handy to get to Walmart or not but thats where I have found the best prices on them
                    Dogg

Comment

I’m in a Facebook group for canine diabetes and some people have been testing the petsure strips against AT2 strips and posting their results. Some of them are seeing really close readings on low numbers, but some large differences on higher numbers. I ordered some from amazon and should be getting them tmw or Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Lolo View Post
                        I’m in a Facebook group for canine diabetes and some people have been testing the petsure strips against AT2 strips and posting their results. Some of them are seeing really close readings on low numbers, but some large differences on higher numbers. I ordered some from amazon and should be getting them tmw or Friday.
                        Mine arrive today too!!! However, I will look up "how" to use them since the one review (by the Ferret lady) on Amazon c/o how difficult the strips were to use. When I compare AT with FS Lite, I get almost exact numbers when the BG is low...I am not getting my hopes up after reading that review. But, Alphatrak is getting on my nerves...3 AT meters with 3 different results. I asked Zoetis WHY they are more expensive than any other glucose strip.."Technology"...They also give me different reasons for coding..but waht can I do? and THEY KNOW IT!!!!I really want to use that libre system simply to see if the "pattern" of Suzie's BG's are accurate..but need to research if a DVM script is ok..Let's share results after we compare the Petsure..
                        Squeaker, 15yo, 8.4 lbs, chihuahua, diagnosed 4/26/2021. Diabetes Mellitus 1 +Adrenal Dependent Cushings.

Comment

I think what code to use on the petsure strips is kind of in doubt. They say to use code 20, but one user got readings closer to the AT2 strips with code 36.
                          I’ll def test them against each other and post my results here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lolo View Post
                            I think what code to use on the petsure strips is kind of in doubt. They say to use code 20, but one user got readings closer to the AT2 strips with code 36.
                            I’ll def test them against each other and post my results here.
                            Of course, too soon to judge but not impressed at all with first test comparison on same blood gtt.
                            AT2 meter #1(code 36) with AT strip= 330
                            AT2 meter #2(code 20) with Petsure strip= 298..That code #20 is what is prescribed by the manufacturer so if #36 works better, then this company makes me wonder if something strange is going on..since "why" was this strip made to be intended to work with AlphaTrak? I am not a conspiracy theorist but did wonder from beginning about this strip being associated with Alphatrak by Zoetis..The insert seems quite in order so maybe I'm just disappointed..will continue to compare AT, PS and FS... I am so tired of all of this code stuff. I know I go overboard but as you all will agree, "We want the best for our little babies". BTW..the Petsure strip is not difficult to use...will gather more results and post them on Suzie's ss.
                            Finally, I have assumed ?? from the insert that "whole blood" these days means "plasma" glucose.

https://diabeticoutlet.com/use-pet-s...#comment-65949
                            http://www.joslin.org/info/plasma_gl...od_meters.html

Comment

Actually thats a pretty good comparison just being 30 points off in the 300 range . I would give it an A .

I have never been fully confident in any meter in the higher range but as long as its consistent thats ok

What i care about is under 200 and from what i can tell 150 and lower with the meters i have used i believe is pretty close

I have used a discount human meter for over 8 years . Jesse has not shown any diabetic symptoms and has been normal on that front and isnt that the goal ?
                              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Working...
                              X