Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Introducing Luna

I think people have had some luck with milk thistle
    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by Judi View Post
      I think people have had some luck with milk thistle
      I was thinking of the same thing judi and have been giving jesse Milk thistle for about a year with a vast improvement in her stools
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Check out this supplement. My vet recommended it when our chihuahua had a high enzyme. Turns out the high enzyme was partially caused by gum disease.

High enzymes I think don't necessarily always mean liver disease; other infections can cause high liver enzymes.

https://www.denamarin.com/#about-denamarin
        Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.

Comment

Thursday things turned to the worse. She seemed to have no feeling below the neck. Emergency vet believed it may be a tumor or worsening leaking of spinal fluid. Our kids rushed home to say their goodbyes and Luna was peacefully euthanized yesterday morning.

This was our first experience of this. Luna was our first and only dog and we all were worried about the process. Would she be in distress or pain? I'm comforted to know how peaceful it was and I know she knew we were there loving her to the very end.

It was difficult not to hop out of bed this morning to prepare her breakfast and insulin. She was the perfect family dog. I hope she is in a better place with her sight restored, chasing bunnies like she did in her youth. Happy and pain free.

Thanks to everyone through the years that have been so helpful and caring. You have been an invaluable resource.

Comment

Luna passed in loving arms and no pain . A true blessing and all we can ask for .

She will be missed
            Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
            Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss of Luna. Hugs to your entire family. Rest in peace, Luna.

Bonnie and Angel Crissy Ann

Comment

So sorry for you and your family. Rest In Pease, Luna.

Mike and Lily
                Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
                Diabetes: Aug 2013
                Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
                Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

I am so sorry for the loss of your Luna- Kim and Daisy
                  Last edited by Daisydog10; 11-17-2019, 10:30 AM.
                  Daisy 12 1/2 y/o 20lb Mini Schnauzer - 115g chicken breast, 45g chana dal, 55g green beans all chopped in a food processor, 20g Hills Perfect Weight, 1 tbs pumpkin, 8 units Novolin N q12h. Other meds-1/4t d-mannose twice daily, 1 Proviable DC daily, 1 multivitamin, 1/4t ground eggshells each meal, 1200mcg methyl B12 daily, 5mg zyrtec daily

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad the kids got to tell her goodbye and definitely hope she is pain free and chasing bunnies up in heaven
                    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

OMG, I never expected something so quick. God's message was clear I guess.
                      Know that Luna enjoyed every day with you all, and that's the best we can do. Make them happy and they make us happy.
                      Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.

Comment

I am so sorry...Rest easy Luna..
                        Take it easy...it will be hard for a while... my heart breaks for you
                        Mochi is a 11 year old Pomeranian. Weighing 11-12 lbs
                        Diagnosed with diabetes February 2016
                        Had cataract surgery June 2016.
                        On 5 units of HumilinN

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear of Luna's passing. Losing a loved one is never easy but I hope you can get some solace from knowing you gave her the best life possible. Rest in Peace Luna,
                          Liz and Blue
                          Snickers was an 18 year old Skye terrier mix. - Diagnosed 12-1-15. Angel status 4-21-19. She was a once in a lifetime dog that will always be in my heart.

Comment

Working...
                          X