My Sweet Bagel in Heaven now..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sigh-Bagel having issues

Sorry to hear that Bagel has not been feeling well. Hoping the vet will have good news and that she continues to improve with time. Holli
    Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Hoping you get good news back from the vet.
      Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Just catching up. Hope that all tests come back negative especially for the cancer. I would think that this may not be the case, with Bagel's positive response to the meds.

praying...
        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Still waiting on tests but she has had a remarkable week!!!

Her appetite is good, Blood Glucose is good, poop is solid, breath has NOOO rotten odor, eyes are clear and ears are too!! MEDS and much prayer have done wonders and this Vet just HAS to be wrong...

I am hoping it is just her Cushings belly....She is asleeping great and NOT MOANING any more...

thanks for thoughts and prayers..

WE BELIEVE

Sande

Comment

Yay. Great news!
            Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

jesse is giving her beagle howl

looking to keep things moving forward
              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

So glad Bagel is feeling better as I am sure you are too!

Tara
                Tara in honor of Ruby.
                She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagel's Mom View Post

Her appetite is good, Blood Glucose is good, poop is solid, breath has NOOO rotten odor, eyes are clear and ears are too!! MEDS and much prayer have done wonders and this Vet just HAS to be wrong...

I am hoping it is just her Cushings belly....She is asleeping great and NOT MOANING any more...

WE BELIEVE

Sande
                  All sounds sooooo positive!!! I agree with you, with the improvement the Vet HAS to be wrong!!

Sandy

Comment

I'm so happy to read this...

Natalie

Comment

Originally posted by Bagel's Mom View Post

WE BELIEVE

Sande
                      Very inspiring. Glad your Bagel is feeling better! ( I just love that name)
                      Abia aka Roxy's MOM!

Comment

We had a great week in all ways- and then the Vet called on Friday.
                        My sweet Bagel has lymphosarcoma.
                        She suspects it is in her spleen and liver etc due to her growing rounded belly.
                        her glands in her neck seem to be growing too.

Her system is so compromised with the over three and a half years of Cushings and Lysodren, and the diabetes...So there will be no chemo. I wouldn't do that to her anyway...

So now my prayers change- for no pain..for peaceful rest...for more days like yesterday when she fussed to go out in the dog buggy and oh yes we did...

It is tough to get her to eat in the mornings- but she is hungry in the evenings so that is good.

I don't know anything about this except what I have read in the last three days and there is no comfort there...

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. me too...she will have QUALITY of life...but I will not let her suffer...

Sande

Comment

Oh Sande,

So sorry to hear this about your sweet girl.
                          Will keep you both in my prayers.

Allison
                          Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

So sorry to hear this, Sande. We'll be praying for you and Bagel.
                            Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Big hugs to you and Bagel. For as many fun days as you can squeeze in. I'm so sorry. Judi
                              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I too am sorry your sweet bagel has yet one more thing to deal with. I'm sure you will be the loving mom and keep her as comfortable as possible

Thoughts and prayers
                                Sandy

Comment

Working...
                                X