This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advocate PetTest meter

I received a note about this meter. If anyone has used it - and especially if anyone has compared it to an AlphaTrak, let us know what you think of it.

http://www.advocatemeters.com/#!onli...egory=18181049

Re: Advocate PetTest meter

Looks like the strips are about $1 each if purchased directly.

http://www.advocatemeters.com/#!onli...egory=18181049

$30 from Amazon right now

https://www.amazon.com/Advocate-PetT.../dp/B00WM2FU7M

Comment

They are promoting the meter, which they will send for $7 shipping and handling.

https://youtu.be/MpldkPT9Iuw

Comment

Just ordered both the meter & test strips from Amazon. Adding another meter to my collection, think that makes 9 meters in the house

Craig
        Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Ha! I figured you would Craig. House of Glucometer Craig!!

Comment

Please let us know once you have had a chance to test it. If it's good, I want to add it to the main website page:

http://k9diabetes.com/monitoring.html

I deleted a couple of meters from the page over the years when they proved to be unreliable, so nothing gets added until someone like a Craig tests it.

Natalie

Comment

Originally posted by k9diabetes View Post
              Please let us know once you have had a chance to test it. If it's good, I want to add it to the main website page:

http://k9diabetes.com/monitoring.html

I deleted a couple of meters from the page over the years when they proved to be unreliable, so nothing gets added until someone like a Craig tests it.

Natalie
              ETA for the meter is 27-29 June (not Amazon Prime), test strips are Amazon Prime and should be here on the 23rd.

Annie was so excited when I told her she would be getting a new meter

Craig
              Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

I bought this meter as a backup to the AlphaTrak about 6 months ago. Turns out I like it much better as the strips absorb the blood quicker and there is a 5 number countdown then the BG number appears no matter if it's high or low as the AlphaTrak will take long to register the number if it's high. The strips are less expensive than the AT strips. Whenever I start a new vial of the PetTest strips, i compare against the Alpha Trak. The company is also very responsive when contacted.
                11 yr. old Bichon Frise...Diagnosed April 2015...Novolin 2x/day; snacks- frozen green beans, dehydrated chicken piece and frozen pumpkin pieces.

Comment

The recent reviews on Amazon are promising! I see the strips for $26.95 (free shipping) from the same place I was ordering my Alphatrak strips. I may need to check this out because I test 3 times a day on most days. I wouldn't need a different lancet unless this one would require bigger blood drop.

Let us know what you think!
                  Gus - **Angel as of March 7, 2018"
                  10.5 yr mini-schnauzer, diagnosed Sept. 2015, currently 17.5 units Novolin N 2x day; diet W/D, tblsp pumpkin, Advocate PetTester tester/strips & Alpha-Trak2 for alternative (when I question weird BG readings); blind as of March 1, 2016

Comment

I decided to order this meter this morning. Ordered it directly from CountrySide Pet Supply (who also sells on Amazon), and the starter kit was only $9.95! (Says it is limited time special price) Hoping this is accurate in comparison to my AlphaTrak. I noticed you can order the strips cheaper through Amazon from this same seller for only $26.95 for 50 strips, vs $39.95 from their website directly. But, they sell the meter on Amazon for $23.85 and only $9.95 on sale on their website. And, FREE SHIPPING! I'm so hoping this works. I should have it by Saturday, I think. I may hold off ordering a box of strips until I see how well it compares. The starter kit comes with 10 strips.
                    10.5 yr mini-schnauzer, diagnosed Sept. 2015, currently 17.5 units Novolin N 2x day; diet W/D, tblsp pumpkin, Advocate PetTester tester/strips & Alpha-Trak2 for alternative (when I question weird BG readings); blind as of March 1, 2016

Comment

Good find and thank you!

I ordered it as well, got the promotion. Hoping this will replace my alphatrak as well, they have been price gouging for too long on the test strips. Also tired of playing guessing games with the code 7 + freestyle strips, one solution would be a nice change of pace.

I'll report back with my findings as well.
                      Jude - Rescue // Rat Terrier, Doxie, Chihuahua Mix // Born ~4/2009 // Diagnosed at 6 yrs with diabetes // 28lbs, 10u Novilin N 2xs/Daily, 1/4 cup Glycobalance Royal Canin Dry w/ 1/4 Blue Buffalo Canned 2X's daily // Ocu-Glo 1x's Daily // Hypothyroid diagnosed at 7 years, 0.2 mg Levothyroxine 2X's Daily

Comment

Just received email confirmation that my meter has shipped, which means I may have it as early as Friday to try out. I'm anxious and excited. How silly is this? I guess I am just looking for cheaper testing method, but yet accurate, without having to turn to human meters and conversions. I feel guilty in testing as often as I do at over $1 a pop for strips for AlphaTrak, but I feel it's important for my pup in knowing how he's doing because we still aren't there yet in 'regulation', if that ever happens for him. Will post when I get it and the comparison results.

If anyone is interested in ordering this meter for only $9.95 for a limited time, here is the link. I have ordered my alphaTrak supplies from here with great service.

http://www.countrysidepet.com/limite...st-test-strips

Comment

As soon as possible I'll be another owner of the Pet Test glucose meter also! Thank you for sharing this valuable information guys!!!
                          Mr. Shadow 11 year old mix breed, 21 lbs. , diabetes diagnosis Sept. 2015. Currently on 10 units Novolin N

Comment

Just order mine, cant wait to try it. Gotta keep my girl as healthy as i can, and will do anything to get her there. Hope this is a curate.

Comment

Received the extra box of test strips I ordered, but still waiting on the meter itself. When I checked shipping status it indicated it was at my local post office yesterday morning, but estimated arrival is still the 27th-29th. Annie says she will keep an eye out for our mail lady today (not sure her blind eye will be of much use)

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X