• Show
Clear All

Re: riliey

Brought him home at 6pm last nite tested BG 496
    Gave 2 iu R
    8:30 ate abit if wet with antibiotic and 20 mg tramadol
    I think the tramadol made him cry then pooped and threw up
    Fed him about of wet let him sleep he doesn't like the cone

11:30 tested 280 gave 1 ml antribube antibiotic 1/2 can fromm gold salmon and chicken
    Gave 4 iu of humulin mph. Weight 8 kg, 18 lbs

1:30 tested 596
    Gave 1 unit of R

I think I should of given him 5 1/2 nph but didn't want another low

He,s doing good seems to be coming around is out the back yard walking around.
    I,all test again at 3pm

Any thoughts on dosage???

2 days on the 1/2 can wet twice a day then back to his regular 1/2 cup of fromm dry surf and turf that's the plan back to 11:30 twice a day
    Last edited by Riliey and Mo; 12-22-2015, 12:11 PM. Reason: Typing with 1 finger lol
    Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
    20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

Hi Mo, just reading about Riliey's surgery. So sorry he & you had to go through that but happy it went well and he's back home recovering with his dedicated Mom to take care of him.

Take care & Happy Holidays!!

Brenda
      11 yr. old Bichon Frise...Diagnosed April 2015...Novolin 2x/day; snacks- frozen green beans, dehydrated chicken piece and frozen pumpkin pieces.

Comment

think your doing well mo

he is eating doing his business all a good sign

as far as dosing i think you have to play it by ear as you are .give a dose of r when needed

probably got a couple weeks for him to get to a more normal pattern
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I think he,s back to his normal shhhhhhh!

I mushed up his dry with water the wet was okay for fresh stitches but not good for his bowel and bg
          11am 236 or 13.1 mmol
          1 pm 170 or 9.4 mmol
          Reduced the tramadol to 10 mg no crying
          I started my antibiotics

Thanks everyone for your suggestions
          Were out back in the yard enjoying 10 c degree weather
          Happy holidays

PS. I told him to not move my socks and I wouldn't move his water bowl lol good deal!
          20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

this is really really good news! (whispering) yay!
            Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Happy to hear Riliey's doing well. Merry Christmas!
              11 yr. old Bichon Frise...Diagnosed April 2015...Novolin 2x/day; snacks- frozen green beans, dehydrated chicken piece and frozen pumpkin pieces.

Comment

Glad Riliey did so well. He must be feeling so much better.
                Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Sorry to say I won't be posting on the forum

I was in tears typing a simple joke to cheer Amy up

My post was edited again and what I typed was deleted.

Its unamangeable and I feel its not worth my health or time to help when my words I taken wrong

Good bye

Take care of your dogs and yourself, I.m not well, I take my time to help whoever in need. Natalie love this forum . I can't say what I feel. You take over delete and edit my texts its not except able.

Comment

I am sorry you feel that way Mo. We can talk about it via email or PM if you want to.

Natalie

Comment

I am very sorry Mo to see that Riliey passed away in April... he lived a long life thanks to your dedicated care and I know he was a cherished part of your family.

Natalie

Comment

what a long life rilley had and a very good one under your care

you kept his diabetes at bay for a long time and being an older dog when diagnosed that is quite an accomplishment

my jesse is an older gal now and i know time is getting shorter . something we did not think about until she got sick

they are amazing how they keep going probably mostly for us

take care
                        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about Riliey's passing. With your diligence and care he lived to be 17 and that in itself is quite a wonderful accomplishment.

Thank you so much for passing on your knowledge and helping Daisy.
                          Last edited by Daisydog10; 07-04-2017, 12:05 PM.
                          Daisy 12 1/2 y/o 20lb Mini Schnauzer - 115g chicken breast, 45g chana dal, 55g green beans all chopped in a food processor, 20g Hills Perfect Weight, 1 tbs pumpkin, 8 units Novolin N q12h. Other meds-1/4t d-mannose twice daily, 1 Proviable DC daily, 1 multivitamin, 1/4t ground eggshells each meal, 1200mcg methyl B12 daily, 5mg zyrtec daily

Comment

So sorry to learn of Riliey's passing, Mo. You did a fantastic job caring for him during his diabetic years, which I'm sure he knows. He's waiting for you on the "Other Side" until you're reunited.

You have my deepest condolences, and Godspeed to good boy Riliey.
                            Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Oh Mo! I saw that Riliey had passed and was heartbroken. Whenever you've written about him, you could feel how much love was there. If I could feel that in your posts, I'm positive Riliey felt it everyday!

I'm so very sorry.
                              Mel
                              Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Mo I am so incredibly sad to hear of Riley's passing. You and he are part of our family.

Much love to you and your boy in heaven.

xoxo Judi
                                Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Working...
                                X