Kramer got his wings... March 18, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kramer - Back in the hospital

How upsetting that Kramer is back in the hospital! I had just read that he was improving. Hope they can find a quick answer to his problems.

Bonnie and Angel Criss

Comment

Breanne,

Sorry to hear that Kramer is in the hospital again. Sending prayers and positive thoughts. Hugs to you and him.
      Luv,

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Comment

Originally posted by KramiesSister View Post
        No update yet. The vets are actually closed on sundays so they only go in once in a while to check on them. When the dr. goes in tonite he's going to call and hopefully he can have visitors.

He was really slow and clearly not okay again. And he was gagging every so often. Took him in at 10 o clock last night.

Breanne
        Breanne,
        I am so sorry to hear Kramer is back in hospital, thoughts and prayers for you and your family lots of hugs, keep us posted on what is happening.
        Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

He's home again.

We're not sure what exactly is going on. He has been drinking a lot more the past week since he got out of the vet the last time, but as soon as they gave him fluids at the vet he perked right up.... Vet thinks it was dehydration but I feel like its something else.

The vet also said his gums were pale but thinks thats just due to all of his conditions. Said theres no treatment for a low hematocrit....I'm thinking his body just isn't over the pancreatitis just yet.

I'm not there, nor have I seen any of his blood tests so I can't really make any assumptions. We'll just keep a close eye on him and hope that he continues to improve...again.

Breanne
          Breanne and Angel Kramer (Rainbow Bridge March 18, 2010)
          Kramer Tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTDQatUq6Ms

Comment

Glad Kramer is back home again.

With his low PCV, is it possible for your vet to test for something called Autoimmune Haemolytic Anaemia? It's a problem where the immune system attacks the blood and destroys the red blood cells. Not trying to frighten you but it is so difficult when a dog has health problems not to just put everything down to the things we already know they have. (Hope that makes sense). Occasionally, dogs with one sort of AI disease (which Diabetes is in most cases) can go on to get another.

I'm sure it won't be anything like that but if the PCV is very low, (when you get the figures) then it might at least put your mind at rest. I know how you feel when you have a gut feeling that something is wrong with your dog but the vets can't quite see what you're getting at! They should realise that owners know their own dogs far better than they (the vets) do.
            Jan & Dazzle (Border Collie aged 12 yrs) dx 06th February 2009. Dx Hypothyroid 12th July 2011. 6 units am & 5 units pm for this week - still trying to get her back on track. Soloxine 0.4 mgs once a day.

Comment

I'm glad Kramer is home again and feeling better. Here's hoping he continues to improve and you get some answers. Take care,
              Jo-Ann & Lady

Comment

You guys have been through the wringer...hoping Kramer continues to mend!
                Patty
                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

I'm glad he's home again. Hopefully the blood work will shed some light on what's going on with him.

Will keep checking for updates and hoping for good news for you all,

Natalie

Comment

He seems to be doing well again, although this vet wanted us to try Caninsulin (vetsulin) again for the 4th time because Kramers numbers have not been in control recently (try NEVER). So he's getting caninsulin twice a day and we're still feeding him canned food because he devours it.

We're going to wait a few weeks to do the bloodwork, partly because right now his body is trying to heal, so it may not give us a great representation of what is actually going on, and partly because we've spent 2000 bucks on him in the last couple of weeks and our wallets need a rest.

I doubt that our "small town" vets will have a test for the hemolytic anemia, but we'll ask when we go in. Anemia can be caused by chronic illnesses such as the diabetes so it may just be taking a toll on him. We'll reserve judgement until he's had a couple of weeks to recover and we get the bloodwork done.

Here's hoping Kramer can stay out of the hospital for a couple of weeks at least!!!

Breanne and Kramer
                    Breanne and Angel Kramer (Rainbow Bridge March 18, 2010)
                    Kramer Tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTDQatUq6Ms

Comment

I hope Kramer stays out of the hospital too- I really hope he starts to get better and better, poor thing.... I am hoping for the best for you and Kramer.

Comment

Glad Kramer is home, I'd wait awhile also before the bloodtests, let him get comfy at home and not see the door to the hospital or vets office.
                        Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

HAPPY Kramer is home. Hoping he continues to do well.
                          Luv,

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Comment

Sending a hug to Kramer... he's one very tough little dude.

Natalie

Comment

Bumping this up because of Kramer's problems with lipids in his blood and his being treated for them.

Comment

I have a springer with the platelet disorder. He was on Imurin for a year vs. prednisone which is what alot of vets like to perscribe. He did very well on it and we weaned him off of it with within 6 months. His anemia is in check. Although his platelets are at the low end they are still normal. He was urinated alot with this disease, gums were very lite. As it progressed there was blood in the urine. Hope Kramer does well.
                                Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X