Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kramer - Not in the hospital

Hi Everyone,

First of all, Kramer is NOT in the hospital, but I don't think I have the rights to change the title of my thread. Thats how long its been since I've posted!
    I realized I'd been out of touch on most of the boards. In this case, no news is sort of good news. Kramer has still be struggling with pancreatitis quite a bit and refuses to eat home cooked meals so we have him on vet recommended kibble. We're trying out a new food this week that I feel is healthier than what he's eating now and so we'll see how that goes.

He's blind and deaf but still perks up in the evenings for a little while.

Hope everyone is doing well here!

Breanne and Kramer
    Breanne and Angel Kramer (Rainbow Bridge March 18, 2010)
    Kramer Tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTDQatUq6Ms

Comment

• Re: Kramer - Back in the hospital - NOT! great!

Breanne - thanks so much for reporting! Glad to read the good news about Kramer.

Which kibble did you switch to? My Kumbi is on kibble, and it really suits him.

Wed, 24 Feb 2010 07:09:52 (PST)
      http://www.coherentdog.org/
      CarolW

Comment

• Re: Kramer Update

How nice to get an update on Kramer! I've been paying more attention lately to high triglycerides as we have seen a few dogs, some not Schnauzers!, with it potentially causing regulation problems so Kramer has been on my mind.

Natalie

Comment

The kibble we're switching to is brand new. Its called Redmoon pet food. You order it online, make your own combination (pick the base formula, the amount of protein you want, what energy level your dog is, and the supplements) and they make it fresh and send it to you. I heard about it from a breeder and I'm pretty excited about it. Its grain, rice, soy, wheat, corn and gluten free and its made from locally sourced organic meats. Made in Canada and US (no chinese factories here!)

We should receive it in the mail today or tomorrow. I only got a sample bag in case he doesn't like it.

The breeder I talked to about it has a 140lb dog and only feeds him 3.5 cups a day. She said its improved all of her dogs coats already and they've only been on it for 2 weeks.

We figure, it can't hurt to try it!

I'll let you know what Kramer thinks. I think if it is as good as they say, it could be good for a lot of dogs on these boards with allergies and issues relating to all of the fillers in other foods!

Breanne and Kramer

Comment

Wow Breanne,
            Let us know how it goes.

You know most dry dog foods out on the market have oatmeal OR egg in the ingredients. Both of which Ali is allergic to. It's nice to see a product without either. You'd be surprised how hard that is to come by. It'll be interesting to see how Kramer's blood sugar does on it. Which base formula did you choose?

Patty
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Kramers blood sugars are terrible at the best of times, if the food improves them, GREAT, if not, I'll still be happy knowing that he's eating something a lot healthier.

I picked the chicken and yellow pea medley, moderate protein, for the senior/weight management energy level. I included the digest aid supplement because its hard to get digestive enzymes into Kramer with hard food and the immune booster because Kramer could definitely use that...among other things (like a new pancreas...if only we could order that online). I saved his "creation" so I can order it again if (fingers crossed) he'll eat it.

I'm also interested to see what kind of information they give on the bag, I hope there is a nutritional breakdown so I can compare it to his current food.

As most of you know, Kramer lives with my parents (mom is retired so she has the 24 hour day to devote to kramer...and that she does. And since the summer, Scot and I purchased a house...so we're planning on getting a dog once the cold Manitoba temperatures wear off. If this food works out well for Kramer, I'm thinking I'll feed it to start off the puppy on the right foot!

Breanne and Kramer
              Last edited by KramiesSister; 02-24-2010, 02:45 PM.

Comment

because Kramer could definitely use that...among other things (like a new pancreas...if only we could order that online).
                LOL, if you find one let us know.

Congrats on the house and plans for a new pup!
                Patty
                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Kramer got his wings today.

We'll miss him forever.

Comment

Breanne,

So sorry to hear Kramer lost the war, he won so many battles but this one was not to be. You will always have the memories of good times.

Jenny

Comment

Breanne,
                      You and Kramer have quite a history in all you've been through. I know you have helped me personally many times, especially as I researched basal insulins.

I'm so sorry to hear he passed. I know you will miss him very much. Please pass my condolences on to your folks as well.

Take care,
                      Patty

Comment

• Re: Kramer got his wings... March 18, 2010

I'm so sorry to hear about Kramer. My heart goes out to you and your family.
                        Daisy & Noodle - 9 yr old Lab mix dx 1/09 ~ 51lbs ~ 38U Humulin N, 2x ~ 1 3/4 cups am/pm Blue Buffalo dry, 1/4 can am/pm BB Wilderness.

Comment

Oh Breanne.... I'm so sorry. This is such a shock. Please convey our heartfelt sympathy to your parents and to Scot.

Kramer was such a complicated puzzle and you continually pulled rabbits out of hats making things work for him. I'm pretty sure that vets along the way never thought you guys would get this far.

We have had a little glimpse of Kramer here as I put a link to his home testing video on our web page of videos:

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=P2090002.flv

Bless your sweet angel,

Natalie

Comment

Breanne

I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. Kramer was such a cutie pie. you took great care of him. I pray that you will find peace in that and his memories.

Best
                            Peggy
                            Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

RIP Kramer, it's so sad to read these stories but you did take great care of Kramer- thinking of you.

Comment

Breanne,

I don't really know you, but my heartache is with you.

God bless,

Linda and Ladybug

Comment

Working...
                                X