X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jesse girl

Originally posted by Soaphie & Sydney's Mom View Post
    ditto and amen!!!!!
    she is that type of dog that just makes people happy little kids walking to school run into her and say thats the dog from the movie underdog i always chuckle and jesse takes time to greet them but her patience can where thin when its time to chase rabbits and she will boast out with that beagle yelp lets go the rabbits arent going to be there forever , shes a funny girl

they are all such beautiful spirits on this forum and the parents that give them the opportunity for have a wonderful life just brings joy into my heart

once again thanks from me and jesse
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I am so happy to see a picture of your jesse girl..... she is absolutely beautiful. I totally agree, you have a wonderfuly analytical mind, and your approach to difficult situations is very unique. Makes one think from a different angle.

Thanks for all your input and what you bring to the forum.
      Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Originally posted by Abby's Mom View Post
        I am so happy to see a picture of your jesse girl..... she is absolutely beautiful. I totally agree, you have a wonderfuly analytical mind, and your approach to difficult situations is very unique. Makes one think from a different angle.

Thanks for all your input and what you bring to the forum.
        your welcome barb

i think our minds have an endless amount of possibilities it is infinite and if you love these spirits the way we do you never give up when there is a fighting chance to improve things and give them the best possible life for them.
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

Originally posted by jesse girl View Post
          your welcome barb

i think our minds have an endless amount of possibilities it is infinite and if you love these spirits the way we do you never give up when there is a fighting chance to improve things and give them the best possible life for them.
          How true is that. I would till our last day together to find the best quality of life she can have. There are so many of us out there that feel the same.
          Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Great to finally see a Jesse pic!

Beagles rock!
            Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Originally posted by farrwf View Post
              Great to finally see a Jesse pic!

Beagles rock!
              i would have to agree

we have a pug across the street its so funny to watch him i think he is the most entertaining dog to watch with so much personality

he definitely struts his stuff

i have heard so much about puggles but never met one what a great combination

Comment

Originally posted by jesse girl View Post
                i would have to agree

we have a pug across the street its so funny to watch him i think he is the most entertaining dog to watch with so much personality

he definitely struts his stuff

i have heard so much about puggles but never met one what a great combination
                That's the "O". I walk him on a golf course most days after the golfing is done, and most everyone we come across knows his name. I don't believe more than a few know mine.

Have a friend in the neighborhood I visit quite frequently with a Beagle named Snoopy. Poor old Snoop very rarely gets out of the yard and he loves it when Otis comes to visit. They're best buddies! Snoop's pretty coordinated ... he can jump up on the back of a sofa as quietly as a cat.

I saw my first Puggle the last time I was at the vet's office. To me, he didn't resemble either breed very much. Cute pup, though.
                Last edited by farrwf; 01-11-2012, 02:04 PM.
                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Jesse girl - I echo the others - just LOVE your picture of Jessie girl among the flowers! She is totally gorgeous, like the flowers - ARE those California poppies? Somehow, that picture symbolizes the very best in dogs!

Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:29:58 (PST)
                  http://www.coherentdog.org/
                  CarolW

Comment

Agreed! Awesome picture!!
                    Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.

Comment

yes carrol they are california poppies its are secret spot that we go too

they are such noble souls are fury friends

thanks zoes mom i just adore zoe with that happy smile on her face

Comment

Love that picture!

Comment

it was 2 years ago today on easter jesse went to the emergency vet and had an emergency operation because of pyometra they then determined she was diabetic bgs in the 600s and in ketoacidosis later they said she had pancreatitis prognosis was not good and of course a very costly endeavor.

She pulled through and began her long journey to recovery. Jesse was a struggle probably due to all the complications. I decided early on after coming to this forum that I was going to manage jesse's diabetes. Huge learning curve with jesse - she was an unstable diabetic and the normal routine she had little success but I was able to keep her in ok numbers with some fast acting to buy her time and figure out something that would work and we did

Her one meal a day diabetic program maybe the only one in the world for all i know and actually the cycle without a meal (I do give her some snacks) is her best range in numbers. I always wondered if one of the long acting insulin's would work and i would only have to give one meal and one shot for the day. Wouldn't that be nice but since she is doing so well I may never attempt that.

yesterday she caught her first rabbit in the field shes been trying for years and yesterday was the day it was catch and release and the rabbit was good to go of coarse jesse was not happy about the releasing part.

jesse does have epilepsy also but he seizures are not a cluster type so we elected not to put her on medication due to the side affects with the diabetes and we have learned some techniques to lesson the occurrence and severity of the seizures but as we know there is no cure for diabetes or epilepsy in dogs so they both have to managed the best we can

i actually built her routine around exercise 45 minutes of high impact chasing rabbits and a hour long walk and each do not have much of an impact but that took a long time to figure out i felt it was a quality of life issue and she needed to do the things beagles enjoy

i think today she is a normal healthy dog and enjoying life she does have challenges and that will never go away and thats ok as my mom said nobody ever promised you a rose garden so thanks everybody without your posts and threads we would have never reached this place i dont know how long jesse wants to stay but i believe its all bonus time and we enjoy each day as it comes

once again thanks to everyone new and old and of coarse those wonderful moderators natalie patty and peggy

Comment

Congratulations to Jesse the rabbit hunter!

She and you are definitely unique, tenacious and creative. I'm so glad you worked out a plan for her to still enjoy her life and those rabbits and thank you so much for all of the help and support you give everyone here.

I feel like you are an incredible puzzle solver! Judi
                            Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Incredible story and invaluable lessons!

Thanks from a newbie for all the advice you've given and learnings that you've shared!

Very sweet picture of Jesse!

Judy (and Sadie)
                              Judy (and Sadie) ~ 12 yr. old Lab Mix |Weight: 62 lbs |Diabetes Dx (12/28/2011), Pancreatitis 1/2014 | Diet: 1 1/2c Flint River Ranch Senior Plus Formula with 1/2c Boiled chicken + 1/2c broth|Insulin: Novolin N 25 units 2x daily |Meds: Mirtazapine, Pepcid, Sucralfate, Tylan + B12 capsules | Meter: OneTouch Ultra2| BG Range: 150-404mg

Comment

Congratulations on the 2 years anniversary, and ... nice job giving Jesse her life back.

Comment

Working...
                                X