Winnie (3/95 to 2/5/09)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winnie (3/95 to 2/5/09)

It has been three months today and I'm typing through the tears. I still miss Winnie horribly. I have pretty much stopped looking for her (you know how when you go into a room and think you see them) so I guess time is starting to heal the wound. It doesn't feel like it though.

I think it is stlll very hard for McGill. He seems sad often but I don't know if it is because he misses her or if it is just his age -- maybe some of both.

I had intended to write a little tribute to Winnie but all I can manage now is to say how much she is missed and loved. I hope she knows that.

Carol, McGill & Atty Cat

Re: Winnie (3/95 to 2/5/09)

Dear Carol,

Three months is such a short time, and yet so very long in many ways. Each 'anniversary' is a harsh reminder of the void in our souls. But as each one passes and we survive, they do get easier to face and deal with. At one time, I would have never believed this but time has proven it to be true.

Grief is personal and we all take as long as it takes to begin the healing process. For some, it seems to happen without their knowledge; for others, they work at finding ways to heal when they feel it is time to do so; others embrace the grief to either ride it out or let it take their essence. Let your heart guide you and you will know when, and if, it is time. If writing a tribute to Winnie will help you heal, then we would be honored to have you share that with us when you are ready.

On one level, I understand grief intimately yet on another, I cannot bear to think of the day when I find myself having to live without my Sweet Bebe. Yet all who can love an animal as we do know the day will come when they will leave us. It takes a special kind of love and character to love a pooch as you do Winnie. I have no doubt that she is watching over you and McGill with the same depth of love every second of every day.

Hugs,
    Leslie and the girls
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence
    and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." Anne, a Corgi mom

Comment

Carol,

I'm all teary-eyed reading your post. As Leslie said, you'll know in your heart when the time is right and you're ready to write your "larger" tribute. In my opinion, you have just written a mini-tribute to Winnie right now. I'm sure that Winnie knew each and every day how very much she was loved and those feelings of love remain.

Sending lots of hugs your way...

Louise & Munchie

P.S. Give McGill & Atty Cat some extra pets from me!
      Munchie, 11 yr. old Mini-Schnauzer, 23.2 lbs., diabetes 10/24/12. 8 units Novolin N 2xdaily.

Comment

Carol,
        I have no doubt Winnie knows she is missed and loved. Sophie seemed sad after Dexter passed. Even when we got a new dog she still missed Dexter. There is a lot more to dogs than most people give them credit for.
        Christy

Comment

Hi,
          Louise is right....this is a mini tribute to Winnie. And you are healing at your own rate. Have you tried writing a little bit of a tribute at a time instead of trying to compose it all at once? It may help with the whole process and when it's all written you can post it for the rest of us.
          Take care,
          Jo-Ann & Lady

Comment

Carol,

Just had to send you a cyber hug and let you know I feel your pain. Hang in there and take your time with the tribute. I know it will be wonderful.

Kim

Comment

Hi Carol,

I sure am glad that you've found us and have returned to post once again! And I absolutely agree with what the others have said. A formal tribute may take form in time, but what you have already written -- simply how much you love and miss Winnie -- is all the tribute that she would ever need or want.

It took me some time before I could write a public note about my Barkis, too. But in those early days, I took a piece of paper and just headed it with, "All the things I remember about us together." And then I just started a list that grew and grew and grew. I've never showed it to anyone else, and it just made me cry once again to pull it out and read it. But that private list is probably the most meaningful tribute that I could ever write. Because every single thing that is on it is so special and so dear.

It is the memories of your lives together that is the true tribute. So please don't worry if a public note never comes. It doesn't matter. We know how much you loved Winnie and always will.

Many (((hugs))) to you on this anniversary of Winnie's passing ~
              Marianne (forever Barkis' mom and Peg's and Luna's mom)

Comment

Carol,

Just want you to know that I'm thinking of you and sending special hugs your way.
                Luv,

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Comment

Working...
                X