Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offering Practical info on Diabetes Mgmt. in Rupert's Memory

Hello,
    I am brand new here - unfortunately we found this forum at the end of our Rupert's life. . . we found out last week he had kidney failure. But, we would have loved to have found it over 2 years ago when he was first diagnosed with diabetes! We miss him terribly - he was a special boy!

Because we're from a rural area, our vet didn't have much info. for us at first, so we thought it might be good to share our experience and the knowledge we gained with the other clients with diabetic dogs at. So, we have written an informative letter, hoping it will help someone else. We will give it to our vet to copy and give out to other clients with newly diagnosed diabetic dogs. We also thought it might help someone on this forum, so if you would like to see it, please contact me. Or, if the administrator would like to see it, let me know how to send/post it. (it's a few pages long). Thank you, and best of luck.

Re: Offering Practical info on Diabetes Mgmt. in Rupert's Memory

I'm new here too. I am so sorry to hear about Rupert and even more sorry that you had to face this heart breaker without the help of a community. I think it is wonderful that you want to share your knowledge with your vet and his clients with diabetic dogs. I would like to read your letter.
    Last edited by nikkismomjill; 06-18-2013, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Aw, I'm so sorry to learn that Rupert's in kidney failure.

Could you send the letter to me? I would like to review it and see if it would be okay to post to the forum.

You can email me at k9diabetes@gmail.com. I also have a fax number, an iPhone... lots of ways to connect. So let me know what works for you.

Natalie

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about Rupert. I am new here as well. My dog Teddy was diagnosed with diabetes 3 weeks ago. We are currently trying to regulate him. His blood glucose number yesterday was 630! It has me freaked out. We are now up to 8 units every 12 hours following his 12 hour diet of Natural balance sweet potato and fish - because of other allergies to beef and wheat. Teddy is a 10 year old 44 lb. cock-a-poo. I am really overwhelmed and would love to read your letter!
        Margaret; Teddy is a 10 year old 40 lb. cockapoo; relion-Novolin-N 2x - 17 units; Natural balance fish and sweet potato; blind from cataracts and glaucoma

Comment

Originally posted by maladuca View Post
          I'm sorry to hear about Rupert. I am new here as well. My dog Teddy was diagnosed with diabetes 3 weeks ago. We are currently trying to regulate him. His blood glucose number yesterday was 630! It has me freaked out. We are now up to 8 units every 12 hours following his 12 hour diet of Natural balance sweet potato and fish - because of other allergies to beef and wheat. Teddy is a 10 year old 44 lb. cock-a-poo. I am really overwhelmed and would love to read your letter!
          I see you are new to the forum. Welcome!

If you have a chance, please start a new thread for your pup in "Diabetes Discussion: Your dog". We would love to hear more about Teddy!

Craig
          Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

I would love to read your story. Were you able to post it here somewhere?

Comment

FYI, this member has not returned to the forum since posting this (at least when logged in) and did not send anything to me to review or contact me.

Natalie

Comment

Working...
              X