No announcement yet.

when do you decide to get another dog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: when do you decide to get another dog?

Welll, I’ve been sitting here all day waiting for a call from the vet that our little Annie can be picked up. She went in for a dental with anesthesia today and i’ve just been on ‘stand by’. I keep thinking ‘what is wrong with me?’ People take their pups in for dentals all the time! My hubby was just trying to be positive when he looked at me pathetically and said “ well mom, if they don’t call, it just means she’s not dead”! You can only imagine how that comment went over.

Annie is still not interested in breakfast and now I’ve resorted to spreading a very thin layer of turkey/broth baby food on top of her Glycobalance in order to stimulate her appetite. I know already know this was a bad move—- just couldn’t help myself because it started on a Lysodren med day and I also knew she needed her insulin.

Annie has cataracts and is scheduled for surgery in May so I ‘m doing everything I can to make sure she’s as stable as possible. Joan gave me some great advice on the insulin—I just need to go back and find it. As always, any and all suggestions will be welcomed with virtual hugs. Blessings to you all and your pups. Karen

Oh, actually I posted here because we have our name on a long waitlist with our breeder way out south of Seattle, Washington. I’m now questioning that decision. I’m 67 and I don’t want to be selfish as I know from years of pups what that commitment entails. You all know what I mean. I’m a tried and true miniature schnauzer person and also realize all the health issues that can come with this breed. I just don’t know what to do or how to feel about this issue.
    Last edited by katy1; 03-19-2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Re: when do you decide to get another dog?

Please ignore—double posted
      Last edited by katy1; 03-19-2019, 01:06 PM. Reason: Accidentally double posted

Comment

Working...
      X