Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jenny Diabetic & Cushings Poodle is an Angel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jenny 11 y/o Poodle

you guys always make me feel so much better. I'm sorry I'm not thanking each of you individually but this group has kept Jenny alive so many times.

I think I got the horrid pill down her tonight and she ate again (she even eats the cottage cheese vs. pulling a Maggie and rolling in it! )

this is just my swamped time at work and if I try to take work home she wants to be held.

I'm going to try it again tonight.

you are all wonderful to my whiny self. Jenny & I (and my husband) thank you

on a side note my husband had an employee who has made her dislike for him very clear come up to him the day after Jenny was hospitalized. Her dog had almost identical symptoms and she was embarrassed to be asking to take time off for her sick dog. She almost fell over when he told her to get out of there and take her dog to the vet! LOL He said all he could think of was me & jenny.
    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

• Nice that your husband let his employee take time for her pup. Sorry Jenni is having problems. I'm not much help as most people have said what I know. Kaibo has always recovered fairly quickly from his bouts and always loves his food so he still wanted to eat. Silly pup. Hope she feels better soon!

Comment

Judi,

Still sending more positive thoughts and prayers your way. Glad to hear that Jenny took her medicine and that she ate.

And for the record, no way I think you are being whinny.
        Judy (and Sadie) ~ 12 yr. old Lab Mix |Weight: 62 lbs |Diabetes Dx (12/28/2011), Pancreatitis 1/2014 | Diet: 1 1/2c Flint River Ranch Senior Plus Formula with 1/2c Boiled chicken + 1/2c broth|Insulin: Novolin N 25 units 2x daily |Meds: Mirtazapine, Pepcid, Sucralfate, Tylan + B12 capsules | Meter: OneTouch Ultra2| BG Range: 150-404mg

Comment

I check in every day to see how Jenny is doing. From a distance, I can see some movement forward however small. It's hard to see it when we're in the midst of it. Praying today will be better than yesterday!
          Mel
          Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Judi.

Sending more prayers in hopes that Jenni does better. Patience, can be so hard at times.

You guys need a break!
            Barb
            Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Once again, I wish some of us lived closer to each other!! Just to be able to give each other a break!!! How's the little girl doing today? Keeping my fingers crossed for good news!

Sandy

Comment

thanks everyone, you are all so thoughtful! I made a pill pocket out of one of her freeze dried liver treats and she ate it! yay!

the pain meds make all the difference. She ate, her blood sugar was decent. So fingers crossed we are on an upswing again.

Jenny and I really appreciate all of your kind thoughts. She is getting lots of belly rubs and just assumes that she is supposed to get all of these belly rubs
                Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Judi, glad she took her medicine sending healing hugs your way.
                  Ben wgt. 45 lbs. Puggle diagnosed 1/15/14 Hills Science Diet W/D with smaller topper of wet Novalin-N 13 units b.i.d.

Comment

She is supposed to get all those belly rubs. Hope she's having a good day today.
                    Jeb & Glennys - 10-year-old collie mix, 54 lbs., diagnosed June 2012. 11.5 units Novolin N twice a day. Tested with Relion Prime and AlphaTrak2. Eats Hills WD.

Comment

Judi,

Love that Jenny can still maintain her diva status and still keep you wrapped around her paws - always say what good are pets if you can't spoil them?

Hoping things continue on an upswing. Give her a belly rub for me too.
                      Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Hey Judi hows Jenny coping with this cold weather?

Were just trudging through this latest storm, its sooo hard, its been tooo long . Were managing three 15 minute walks every day. I like when I had my 3 cats years ago.. they didnt need to go outside and walk. I know dogs need to be walked regularly
                        Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                        20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

thanks guys. Mo, this weather needs to cut us a break! My poor dogs need a walk and we are all too wimpy to try so good for you!

It is supposed to warm up a bit this week.

hang in there.

Judi

Comment

Having the same problem with the walks, Judy it is so cold up here in northern Mn. But I think starting Tues. it is supposed to go up a bit. Hopefully then I can get ben moving.
                            Ben wgt. 45 lbs. Puggle diagnosed 1/15/14 Hills Science Diet W/D with smaller topper of wet Novalin-N 13 units b.i.d.

Comment

Oy vey! I am so sick of being stuck inside with a 10 mo. old GSP that is bouncing off the walls.

I think these below zero temps have been going on for at least two months. We usually get a cold snap that last for a week or two, but this is crazy. Mom said wind chills were going to be bad tomorrow.

Hope Jenny is recuperating well.
                              Tara in honor of Ruby.
                              She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                              Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

thanks guys. I agree lets hope this week's warmer weather snaps the deep freeze. People are crabby, and sick of it. and so are dogs!

Jenny is hanging in. I'm debating when to take her off the pain meds. The vet said to keep her on the chicken and rice a bit longer and she loves it so I will

Comment

Working...
                                X