Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything that's not related to diabetes in dogs!

Old 11-06-2016, 04:35 PM

Default Introducing Joono

Hi all,
I really thought that after loosing my Bazzle boy, it would be more than a year before I could let another fur baby into my life. Here I am just shy of 6 months after his passing, when a coworker sends me a picture of a boy looking for a home. As soon as I saw his picture I knew something was special about him, but doubt entered my mind. I thought to myself, how could I want to meet him when I still hurt so bad from loosing Bazzle? But this boy stayed on my mind for a whole week. After a bit of coaxing from my coworkers, friends, and family, I made an appointment with his foster family to meet him in person. I loved him as soon as our eyes met, and he ended up coming home with me:

This is Joono. He's a 3 year old Chow mix, who has instantly turned into my little golden shadow. He certainly doesn't make the pain of loosing Bazzle go away, but he's already shown me that he wants to be here to comfort me when I'm feeling particularly sad. He makes me feel like it's okay to cry over Bazzle, and it's okay to miss Bazz like I do. He's not here to replace Bazz, but he's here to comfort me and help my heart grow.

Sending love to all those who have lost fur babies.

Audrey, Joono, and Angle Bazzle
Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:59 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Introducing Joono

what a noble looking boy

its never a replacement but a new addition to the family

lots of snuggles for the times you need it

congrats
jesse-26 lbs - 12 years old - 7 years diabetic - one meal a day partially raw and homemade and a vitabone snack - 3 shots of novolin a day sometimes novolog or r as a correction to higher sugar . total insulin for a 24 hour period is between 6 and 8 units of nph insulin depending on her fasting number
Old 11-07-2016, 03:40 AM

Congratulations Audrey! Joono has found a loving home
Merrick Grain Free Healthy Weight, Pumpkin, Milk Thistle, FortiFlora, Dasuquin, Thyroxine
Old 11-07-2016, 03:53 AM
Founding Member

he is beautiful!
Old 11-07-2016, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Aw.... so happy for you both!
Old 11-09-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auddog View Post
He's not here to replace Bazz, but he's here to comfort me and help my heart grow.
I love this! These four legged creatures sure have a way of expanding our hearts. Congrats on the new addition and sending hugs for those difficult days.

Holli
Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!
Old 11-12-2016, 09:50 AM

He looks like a cuddly teddy bear - lovely! He looks very much at home on the sofa; what a lucky dog!
Antonia
Old 11-20-2016, 01:12 PM

I rarely look at the "Everything Else" area, but glad I did today. Congrats, Audrey, on your new best friend, and congrats to Joono on your new best friend.

I'm sure Bazzle is pleased you brought the little guy, with an uncertain future, into your home. Since my pug rescue, Sonny, was in my life for a couple years, I became much more sensitive to homeless pooches in need of someone to open up their home to them.

Love the pic of Joono on his back snoozing. Demonstrates how secure he's feeling now. KUDOS to you, Audrey.
Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dadís loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:48 AM

What a beautiful cuddle muffin! I too adore that pic of Joono on his back and the expression is one of pure delight. Congrats Audrey!
Old 11-24-2016, 08:00 AM
Founding Member

So happy for the both of you. He looks like a lover.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann