Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:36 PM

Default Re: One of First Posts to K9D March 19, 2008: One Dog, One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofdecker View Post
Happy five years! I truly believe the collective knowledge on this board goes well above and beyond diabetes alone. It's been wonderful to be part of such a caring, respectful, humorous, knowledgeable and supportive group. Thank you!
Well said Holli!! Couldn't have said it better!!

Sandy
Old 04-19-2013, 02:24 AM

Arrow Re: One of First Posts to K9D March 19, 2008: One Dog, One Thread

I'm six months behind you - but when I found your forum and joined it, September 2008, I stopped trying to be much of a useful source for canine diabetes, since your forum was already so good. Not to mention making fast friends among people and dogs.

Fri, 19 Apr 2013 02:24:28 (PDT)
Old 04-19-2013, 03:58 AM

Happy 5 year Anniversary K9 diabetes!!

I cant thank you all enough for helping me and CJ through the last 9 months - I truly believe that he would not have made it without all the wonderful advice help and support you all gave me. THank you ...Thank you ....Thank you!!!

Anne-Marie and CJ

xxx
Anne-Marie and CJ Westie , Born 13 Jan 2004, dx May 2012, Weight 9.5kg, 6 iu Caninsulin Twice daily. Mixture of food - baby formula and mixture of chicken and vegetables . 4-6 feeds a day due to pancreatitis which is under control.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:35 AM

wow....5 years! I don't know where I would be if it weren't for this forum. Thank you, thank you....
Jim/Marijane & Spirit, Newfoundland, born Dec 22, 2007, 115lbs. DX Oct. 2011, 18.5 units Humulin 2x per day. Hills WD kibble, Hills WD can made into gravy, boiled chicken. Spirit passed on June 9, 2016 and it had nothing to do with diabetes.....farewell my buddy.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:27 AM
Senior Member and Moderator

Natalie, I remember when I came to k9D in Nov '08.
- Ali had been diagnosed in May
- It took me several weeks to find someone willing to do a curve (everyone wanted to do a fructosamine)
- It took me almost a month to learn to test her successfully
- A couple of months later she stayed with my folks for 3 weeks before I arrived there in the middle of a move
- I'd joined the other board in Sept. (Amazing to say I've known Carol, Bonnie, Tami, Pam, etc that long)
- We'd seen a vet that put her on the raw diet in Sept for her allergies and Carla was kind enough to take me under her wing because now her blood sugar needed to be balanced out
- When I came to k9d in Nov I was looking for basal insulin information

I found the most wonderful people, willing to think "outside the box" with me...though I wasn't so sure about this One dog, One thread thing, LOL. I gradually realized what a huge help it was to have all the information about a particular dog in one place.

Very glad to be here and to be a part of sharing what Ali and everyone I've encountered along the way has taught me...

Happy Anniversary,
Patty
Old 04-19-2013, 11:49 AM

Happy 5 Yrs where would we all be.? I was sent home with some needles, insulin and told to watch him.... watch for what I thought.
Thnak you K9D

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart
Old 04-19-2013, 12:29 PM

Let me just say THANK YOU and take a look at my new post on Pip. I do not know where we would be today if I never found this site.

From the bottom of our hearts - THANK YOU!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:47 PM

I'd like to add our thanks to everyone on this forum.

It was only this forum that gave us the confidence to believe that Eddie's leg weakness could be reversible ..... and that may have saved his life in the process, especially given the vet's prognosis that he had only a few weeks left to live (from 27 November last year).

Now, nearly five months later, (having been treated with nothing but insulin) he can gallop around, play ball and be a happy waggy dog again.

BIG thank you from all of us!!
Antonia
Old 04-20-2013, 04:47 AM

I've been gone awhile because of a serious family situation. But I want to say how grateful I am for this forum. It's so good to know that Jeb and I are not alone. Thank you!
Old 04-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Founding Member

Happy anniversary.

I am sure I have forgotten all I learned so I don't post much any more but I still check in.

I have not forgotten how it felt to connect with people going thought the same trials as I was and the love and support through the keyboard.

Thank you

Jenny