Bayer Diastix Strips vs AlphaTrak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bayer Diastix Strips vs AlphaTrak

I have been using both the Bayer Diastix Strips and the Alpha Trak Glucose Monitor.

The last few days I have been walking Yukon and taking a urine sample for the Bayer strips and then also doing the Alpha track.

When the Bayer strips show green which means that his blood glucose is under 250 I then do the alpha track and it shows in the 400s to 500s.

Same thing when the Bayer strips show brown which means his blood glucose is 500 or above I do the alpha track and it shows in the low 300s.

Has anybody had the same problem? I am assuming the Alpha Trak is correct. I have used two separate bottles of the Bayer strips with the same color on each.

I just like to use the strips more than poking him and hurting him.
    15 yr old, Atypical Cushings, Pancreatitis, Allergies. 11.5u Vetsulin 2x a day. Royal Canin Glycobalance 1 cup 2x Day with 3 teaspoons boiled chicken and chicken bone broth. Snacks Green Beans. Tylan Powder, Purina Fortiflora, Flax Hull Lignans 35mg 1x day.

Re: Bayer Diastix Strips vs AlphaTrak

By the time blood sugar is processed and urinated out it is not the same as blood sugar is now testing with a blood glucose meter

what you are getting is a past look at what blood sugar was testing urine and the numbers you posted make complete sense

So both urine and blood are probably testing adequately
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Working...
    X