Soaphie the sophisticated is an angel October 29, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Soaphie

We are hanging in there. The ulcer returned in her right eye. The left eye, as of 10 days ago, was about 98% healed.

Her blood sugar has been going low and we have been reducing her insulin by quite a bit. Not sure what's up there....

We are just taking it day by day and loving on her ALL the time She tolerates my obsession with her quite well....

Thanks for asking!
    Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Tami,

I am glad the one eye is doing better, but just like with us, you get one problem eliminated and three more spring up from nowhere.

I know it is tough, we wake up in a different world every week, but taking it all day by day seems to work for us as well. We gotta love on these girls as much as we can every day. Sounds like you are doing a great job of that!

Hang in there!

Amy
      Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

So sorry about the eye. I like the enjoy the moments plan
        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I know the fear those unexplained lows can cause, but I imagine if it wasn't that there would be something else, real or imagined, that would be looming.

There just comes a times when it is all you can do to stay in the present and enjoy what is with you now.

Lending you my strength to do just that.

Give Miss Soaphie a cuddle for me.

Tara
          Tara in honor of Ruby.
          She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
          Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Obsess over her for me too Tami
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Sweet Soaphie. Glad there is some improvement and that she is enjoying being loved on and getting lots of attention.
              Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Sending a virtual woof card to our Soaphie-girl. I was thinking of you today. Hope you are having more good days than bad. We <3 you!

Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Soaphie girl is celebrating her 14th birthday today! Thank you all for your support!

I am in Hawaii enjoying all the events surrounding the Ironman World Championships (I am not participating - I am volunteering and also cheering on two friends that qualified). My husband took an awesome video of our girl out for a walk and sent to me in celebration of her 14 years and sent to me!

Tami & Soapher
                  Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Happy birthday Soaphie!!!!!! May you get many low carb treats!!!!!!
                    Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

just amazing

happy b day miss soaphie

you and your family have done a good job with your girl keeping her happy and healthy riding through some of the challenges that pop up now and then

Hawaii sounds like fun i like to exercise but iron man is a bit to much but lots of fun to watch these special people that can do it

have fun
                      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

• Re: Soaphie - Happy 14th Birthday Oct. 10!

Happy Birthday Soaphie! Tell your Mom to have an extra drink with an umbrella in it for me!

Glad you could get away Tami
                        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Happy 14th. Birthday, Soaphie! Hope you have a great day!

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Happy Birthday, Soaphie..... May enjoy all the tomatoes you want.

Many, many, healthy more years.
                            Barb
                            Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Happy birthday, Soaphie!

Jake
                              13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                              At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Happy Birthday, Soaphie may you have many more.
                                Ben wgt. 45 lbs. Puggle diagnosed 1/15/14 Hills Science Diet W/D with smaller topper of wet Novalin-N 13 units b.i.d.

Comment

Working...
                                X