Bailey got his wings... June 26, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bailey got his wings... June 26, 2014

Thanks Geoff! I'm not sure if I'm ready for a puppy yet (or at all!!!!!!) but we'll see what happens.

I'm sure moving will feel somewhat like the closing of a chapter, and you may not be ready for that. Can you at least take pictures or maybe a video of all the areas Bailey would frequent?
    Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

I understand your feelings completely Geoff!

I have two suggestions.The first is to send out a signal to Bailey that you are departing soon and invite him to come along. When you get to the new house you can imagine your self as a lighthouse sending out a beacon.

The other is just to be open to everything being just as it should be right now...even when every fiber of your being seems to be screaming NO!

At such times having the faith that all is as it should be even when there is distress or indecision has given me a lot of....peace, acceptance.

The other perspective I want to offer is that looking at those Bailey places, while potentially comforting because it reminds you of him, also really hurts because he isn't there, just the memory of him. So while comforting it is also a stab in the heart.

Those memories of him here or there are with you forever and will go wherever you go. I imagine in some way it feels as if you are leaving Bailey behind, not just his memory. Sometimes it really can be hard to go on with our life without it feeling like we are abandoning our departed.

Just keep repeating....it is all as it should be and put one foot in front of the other.

Tara
      Tara in honor of Ruby.
      She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
      Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Yep, I can relate Geoff. It hurts so much...sooo much. I miss the airplane museum and Ali's head on the window sill. I would love to hang onto the places that were "hers" and my memories of them.

Grieve as you go. I did. Still found a tear in my eye after moving and missing those spots. But I know she's not in them and I will keep my memories in my heart. Also have all her toys, bed is in my room, blanket with her image on it to curl up with when I want on the couch, dog tags hang with my necklaces but I wore them for months first, photos in the house just as I have other family pics, etc.

But it hurts...nothing that can fix that But it makes me happy to know that it hurts because of the blessing and special bond we had.
        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Thanks Tara, Patty, Cara. We have no photos up since we're moving, and haven't for months due to making the house look pretty etc. I can't wait to put them and some new ones up again at our new house. I knew this was coming, not that I am prepared, I have to take one day at a time. God I miss him. Every facet. His walk, his eating, his bark, his kisses, his affection, his smell, his breathing, snoring, the list goes on. I just watched some video of his final day, he was not a well pup, poor thing. I know he will be coming with me, I will just miss looking at those spots, or hanging my arm over the bed when I got it as he used to hop up out of his bed to come and say goodnight, god I miss that. He was so sick, but managed to drag himself over to me to say goodnight, even though as I walked past him I gave him a cuddle and pat.

He was, like all dogs, so full of love, especially for me, we had something so very special me and him. Anyhow, thanks for listening and replying, I do appreciate it everyone. Its nice to know I am not alone.

Geoff
          Geoff & Bailey - 15 September 2002 - 26 June 2014 - Went to the rainbow bridge. He will be sorely missed - Love you Bailey 11 y/o Spoodle dx Dec 2011 - 18 units of Protaphane, 5 units of Humalog, on Prednefrine Forte for his cataracts and Cosopt for his glaucoma

Comment

I can't even imagine how difficult this is, but I'm glad to hear that you know that Bailey will be coming with you.
            Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

Bailey was such a lucky dog to have a family like yours to care for and about him. What an incredible gift you gave to him.

Natalie

Comment

That's why I wrote and continue to write here, long after Ali has passed. You find people who understand that special bond. I saw a photo of a golden the other day with her head sleeping near a window sill and was incredibly sad as that was what Ali always did. She too was so sick but had such a fight for life in her. They sure do wrap themselves completely through our hearts, don't they?!
                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Yes Patty they do wrap themselves completely in our hearts. Been two months tonight. Poor Bailey. I think of him every day as we all do. I am moving out in 1 week. I will miss this place and all the memories but, at least I have those that's for sure. Dogs are so very special. Miss you Bailey.
                  Geoff & Bailey - 15 September 2002 - 26 June 2014 - Went to the rainbow bridge. He will be sorely missed - Love you Bailey 11 y/o Spoodle dx Dec 2011 - 18 units of Protaphane, 5 units of Humalog, on Prednefrine Forte for his cataracts and Cosopt for his glaucoma

Comment

Hello all, been a mad few weeks with moving etc but finally settling in to new house. It's Bailey's birthday today, he would of been 12. Going to make him a cake tonight so the family and share a slice to celebrate. Still think of him every single day and miss him terribly. Anyhow I still don't have proper internet at home yet but i'll catch up on all the happenings when I do! Hope everyone is well!
                    Geoff

Comment

Happy 12 years Bailey - Hope you are watching over your family from afar. Love that you are having cake in celebration. Hugs to you and your family!
                      Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Geoff you know Bailey had a big piece of cake in heaven!
                        Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Those important milestones always bring memories. Enjoy the cake!

Comment

Thanks all. Very nice. we all sung happy birthday, everyone misses him, but lovely. I hope he is having fun in heaven.

Comment

I am sure Bailey was there in spirit at your celebration and is keeping a close eye on you guys. Happy Birthday to your guardian angel, Bailey!
                              Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

I'm hoping that Bailey and Sparky shared a slice of cake for Bailey's birthday.

Comment

Working...
                                X