Chris passed away August 1, 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Chris passed away August 1, 2008

Natalie, we understand about not being ready...you need to take some time. Know that we are thinking of you and your family...we will be here when you come back.

Love and hugs, Teresa and Ricky

Comment

I've been wondering about participating on the boards after Bogie is gone. In my case (at least I think so now) I want to memorialize Bogie and his 7 year accomplishment dealing with diabetes. I've had bad days lately when I just didn't have it in me to do more than read, responding required to much energy that I have already spent dealing with our issues here. I understand both reactions to loss, some need to be involved, others need time. Same with getting a new pet, some are ready for a new one much sooner than others.

We are all different and it's just a good thing we know what WE need to do for US!

You take care and thanks for your thoughts for us!
      Denise, Bogie (diabetic, cushings, now cancer), Molly (diabetic)
      Reba (Cushings) and the other 12 cats and 4 dogs.

Comment

Thinking of you, Natalie....
        sorry I have been so scarce, just a lot going on, but I wanted you to know I think about you often and hope some peace comes to you....
        Hugs, Beth and the boys

Comment

Dearest Natalie,

I just got back from vacation and heard about Chris's passing. My heart is aching and I'm choking back tears as I write. I am so sorry that I wasn't here for you. I know that you must have suffered greatly in the past few weeks. You fought a valiant fight, and I know that Chris probably stayed a little longer than he should have, just to help you get through it. His love for you will always be in your heart. Your love for him gave him wings to fly. Fly high and free, sweet Chris. We will all miss you. Natalie, no dog ever had a better mom. You are amazing, and I only wish that there was some way to help you through your grief. Please know that you and Chris will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs,

Jeanne and Kiska

Comment

You doing OK Natalie? Just want you to know that I'm thinking of you.
            Denise, Bogie (diabetic, cushings, now cancer), Molly (diabetic)
            Reba (Cushings) and the other 12 cats and 4 dogs.

Comment

Hi Natalie

Just checking in to see how you are and check you are okay.

Big hugs to you

Love Sharon Zeno and Bobby boo xxx

Comment

Fortunately I have been very busy with work so not too much time to feel sorry for myself. Or keep up very well with the forums!

Natalie

Comment

• I miss that dog so much

This morning I just can't think of anything else except I want him back...

Comment

That is normal It a grieving process that you will have to go through JUst know that you did everything in your power to help him. Hugs to you form Pebbles and I
                    Marianne and canines: Jasmine( diabetic since 4/10) Puma,Harley,Sebastian,Sophie and cats: Yoda,Sabrina and Cleo. Also Baby Boy (my cockatiel) & Angel Pebbles

Comment

I know how you feel Nat, its so hard, I still miss my Chief, every time we use the toaster we think of him, he liked his lil piece of toast.

I had buried Chief and Gandy in a special spot in the yard.

I always go over and sit with my Chief and Gandy who have both gone in the past year.

You should of seen me lugging the gigantic rocks lifting them up on to the wheelbarrow, and I had to use more rocks for Chief being he was so big, so I have a miniature stonehenge rock garden here, I guess I had the strength to lift them because I was so sad and mad at the time.

This is not the time but someday somewhere I will post a picture of them, I know someone had done this I think on the other board.

Just take your time Nat, I can just imagine the sorrow I would feel if Niki left, its always in the back of my mind, with this diabetes I realize she could always take a turn and I pray it don't happen, but we do the best we can, especially with our love and compassion and how we cherish our diabetic doggies.

Chris knows you miss him and don't want you to be sad, he knows how well you loved and took care of him.

Chris knows that there is another unwanted doggie who nobody cares about at the pound, the doggie is there waiting so he can take care of you cause Chris is gone. He hopes you go get the doggie soon.

I know you miss him dearly Nat, take care
                      Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

Hi Natalie,

I know that you want him back...this is the part where your heart actually hurts. Just try to take things a day at a time. When you love someone as much as you loved Chris, it takes a long while to heal. I can still cry when I think about losing my dog, Boo. I lost her more than 24 years ago. It just shows that they are always in our hearts. I hope that your pain subsides a little each day. Chris wouldn't want you to focus on the bad memories when there are so many good ones to look back on.

Hugs,

Jeanne and Kiska

Comment

I still miss my Chief, every time we use the toaster we think of him, he liked his lil piece of toast.
                          That's so sweet... it's the funky little things, huh?

Comment

Natalie, I know you are going through a really difficult time right now...I have been where you are. Going to work and trying my best not to think about anything but the mundane...a rogue thought about my Butch bringing tears at the worst possible times. Most people don't understand grieving for a dog for more than ten minutes, so this group of people is special...we get it. You will need time...lots of it...and still it will hurt. But, if it wasn't so good, it wouldn't hurt so bad when it ended. God bless you, Nat.

Love and hugs, Teresa and Ricky

Comment

Working...
                            X