stopping in to say hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stopping in to say hello

hello everyone wanted to stop in and say hello..seems like forever since I loss Fred back in April..but its only been a little over two months..it has gotten easier as long as i dont look at his pictures or video we have of him..i still miss him so much but Abby has for sure kept us busy and has helped us threw the healing process..i hope everyone is having a great summer and all your babies are doing ok..i do check in to read posts but kinda feel out of the loops now that i am not living it daily..so hope everyone keeps doing well and has a great summer
    sherryandfred.. in memory of fred he was a rat terrier that lived life with diabetes for 4 years and being blind for most of his life..he finally crossed the bridge on april 2, 2014 and will be missed greatly...

Re: stopping in to say hello

Hi Sherry,
    Nice to hear from you! I can't believe it's been that long since Fred's been gone. I just wanted you to know that when you posted your experiences with Fred, it helped me a lot with Sadie, especially when you started with the mirtazapine. I was able to get some right away and it has helped with Sadie's appetite although it's still touch and go with us. I don't know how much longer I have with my Sadie but I am very grateful because for sure your posts have extended out time together.

Glad you have Abby to keep you company.

You have a great summer too!

Judy (and Sadie)
    Judy (and Sadie) ~ 12 yr. old Lab Mix |Weight: 62 lbs |Diabetes Dx (12/28/2011), Pancreatitis 1/2014 | Diet: 1 1/2c Flint River Ranch Senior Plus Formula with 1/2c Boiled chicken + 1/2c broth|Insulin: Novolin N 25 units 2x daily |Meds: Mirtazapine, Pepcid, Sucralfate, Tylan + B12 capsules | Meter: OneTouch Ultra2| BG Range: 150-404mg

Comment

Originally posted by jgr789 View Post
      Hi Sherry,
      Nice to hear from you! I can't believe it's been that long since Fred's been gone. I just wanted you to know that when you posted your experiences with Fred, it helped me a lot with Sadie, especially when you started with the mirtazapine. I was able to get some right away and it has helped with Sadie's appetite although it's still touch and go with us. I don't know how much longer I have with my Sadie but I am very grateful because for sure your posts have extended out time together.

Glad you have Abby to keep you company.

You have a great summer too!

Judy (and Sadie)

thank you so much judy you brought a tear to my eye..i am glad i could help you and hope you have more time with your girl..its never easy but i can tell you looking back at freds photos and video even 6 months we know we made the right choice he was so sick..and you will know when its right..i am so glad he is running free of pain with all the other babies out there..

have a great summer with sadie..i will be watching the posts..
      sherryandfred.. in memory of fred he was a rat terrier that lived life with diabetes for 4 years and being blind for most of his life..he finally crossed the bridge on april 2, 2014 and will be missed greatly...

Comment

nice to here from you sherry .i think you left a piece of fred here on the forum with all of us . i dont think he is very far away .

enjoy your abby and have a great summer
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Hi Sherry,

It was great hearing from you. Enjoy that Abby of yours, and glad you are healing.

Barb
          Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Hi Sherry!
            I was thinking about you the other day! I'm glad to hear Abby is keeping you busy!
            Mel
            Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

glad you stopped in Sherry! pictures are always welcome hugs
              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by Judi View Post
                glad you stopped in Sherry! pictures are always welcome hugs
                thank you i will posts some new pictures of abby...

Comment

So glad you stopped in to say hello. Funny how two months can seem like a short time and a long time - all mixed in one. I'm sure Fred is watching over his family and is happy to know Abby is helping the healing process. Look forward to some pictures as well.
                  Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Good to hear from you, Sherry and glad the pup is taking some of the pain away at least for a while.
                    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Hi Sherry..it takes awhile to get over your loss...Sending hugs your way!

Comment

I feel blessed that everyone still remember us..you all are like family even though Fred has passed I still come in to see how everyone is doing...I have posted some new pics of Abby...

Comment

It's great to hear from you Sherry! Abby looks great! I'm glad she's helping you heal and keeping you busy.
                          Mandy and Piper | Border Collie/GSD Mix | 01/01/2002-10/31/2015 | DX: Diabetes- 09/18/12, Bladder tumor- 09/18/14

Comment

Originally posted by ceruleanblue View Post
                            It's great to hear from you Sherry! Abby looks great! I'm glad she's helping you heal and keeping you busy.
                            Thank you..I read your thread daily...hoping piper gives you some easy days...

Comment

Oh my goodness, Abby has grown. She is beautiful - love the big eyes and those ears! Looks like she has quite a bit of spunk to her as well. I'm sure Fred watches over her from afar. Thanks for sharing.
                              Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Working...
                              X