Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum
 

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-15-2018, 07:57 PM
Lolo Lolo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 176
Default Re: PetSure Test Strips

I知 in a Facebook group for canine diabetes and some people have been testing the petsure strips against AT2 strips and posting their results. Some of them are seeing really close readings on low numbers, but some large differences on higher numbers. I ordered some from amazon and should be getting them tmw or Friday.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-16-2018, 08:06 AM
bichons9's Avatar
bichons9 bichons9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Buffalo, N.Y. via Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 170
Default Re: PetSure Test Strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo View Post
I知 in a Facebook group for canine diabetes and some people have been testing the petsure strips against AT2 strips and posting their results. Some of them are seeing really close readings on low numbers, but some large differences on higher numbers. I ordered some from amazon and should be getting them tmw or Friday.
Mine arrive today too!!! However, I will look up "how" to use them since the one review (by the Ferret lady) on Amazon c/o how difficult the strips were to use. When I compare AT with FS Lite, I get almost exact numbers when the BG is low...I am not getting my hopes up after reading that review. But, Alphatrak is getting on my nerves...3 AT meters with 3 different results. I asked Zoetis WHY they are more expensive than any other glucose strip.."Technology"...They also give me different reasons for coding..but waht can I do? and THEY KNOW IT!!!!I really want to use that libre system simply to see if the "pattern" of Suzie's BG's are accurate..but need to research if a DVM script is ok..Let's share results after we compare the Petsure..
__________________
Suzie, 10yo, chihuahua, dignosed D.M. 8/3/2017
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...kSM/edit#gid=0
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-16-2018, 08:19 AM
Lolo Lolo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 176
Default Re: PetSure Test Strips

I think what code to use on the petsure strips is kind of in doubt. They say to use code 20, but one user got readings closer to the AT2 strips with code 36.
I値l def test them against each other and post my results here.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-16-2018, 07:36 PM
bichons9's Avatar
bichons9 bichons9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Buffalo, N.Y. via Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 170
Unhappy Re: PetSure Test Strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo View Post
I think what code to use on the petsure strips is kind of in doubt. They say to use code 20, but one user got readings closer to the AT2 strips with code 36.
I値l def test them against each other and post my results here.
Of course, too soon to judge but not impressed at all with first test comparison on same blood gtt.
AT2 meter #1(code 36) with AT strip= 330
AT2 meter #2(code 20) with Petsure strip= 298..That code #20 is what is prescribed by the manufacturer so if #36 works better, then this company makes me wonder if something strange is going on..since "why" was this strip made to be intended to work with AlphaTrak? I am not a conspiracy theorist but did wonder from beginning about this strip being associated with Alphatrak by Zoetis..The insert seems quite in order so maybe I'm just disappointed..will continue to compare AT, PS and FS... I am so tired of all of this code stuff. I know I go overboard but as you all will agree, "We want the best for our little babies". BTW..the Petsure strip is not difficult to use...will gather more results and post them on Suzie's ss.
Finally, I have assumed ?? from the insert that "whole blood" these days means "plasma" glucose.



https://diabeticoutlet.com/use-pet-s...#comment-65949
http://www.joslin.org/info/plasma_gl...od_meters.html
__________________
Suzie, 10yo, chihuahua, dignosed D.M. 8/3/2017
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...kSM/edit#gid=0
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-16-2018, 08:20 PM
jesse girl's Avatar
jesse girl jesse girl is offline
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,899
Default Re: PetSure Test Strips

Actually thats a pretty good comparison just being 30 points off in the 300 range . I would give it an A .

I have never been fully confident in any meter in the higher range but as long as its consistent thats ok

What i care about is under 200 and from what i can tell 150 and lower with the meters i have used i believe is pretty close

I have used a discount human meter for over 8 years . Jesse has not shown any diabetic symptoms and has been normal on that front and isnt that the goal ?
__________________
jesse-26 lbs - 13 years old - 8 years diabetic - one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack - 3 shots of novolin a day sometimes novolog or r as a correction to higher sugar . total insulin for a 24 hour period is between 6 and 8 units of nph insulin depending on her fasting number
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-16-2018, 08:46 PM
bichons9's Avatar
bichons9 bichons9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Buffalo, N.Y. via Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 170
Smile Re: PetSure Test Strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse girl View Post
Actually thats a pretty good comparison just being 30 points off in the 300 range . I would give it an A .

I have never been fully confident in any meter in the higher range but as long as its consistent thats ok

What i care about is under 200 and from what i can tell 150 and lower with the meters i have used i believe is pretty close

I have used a discount human meter for over 8 years . Jesse has not shown any diabetic symptoms and has been normal on that front and isnt that the goal ?
You're right Jesse..I think I am just tired of worrying and researching, thinking I will find the answers that I want..Well I have gone from 8 AT boxes/month to 3 over the year and by using freestyle lite as back up (or alone at times that I can anticipate a lower BG). I just got 3 results on 3 meters at 10 pm..I am going to try to use the same meter at 12a for AT and PS... Last August, I used Relion before I could get AT but at that time I did not have to worry about low BG's. However, it was simpler..no crazy researching and a lot cheaper!!!! Under 200? at fasting? Don't I wish..Thanks for your input!!!
P.S...Wow..we'll see how wrong I can be..maybe...Using same meter...12 am AT strip=134 and 12 am PS strip =134 !! Poor Suzie..I couldn't get the FS test result
__________________
Suzie, 10yo, chihuahua, dignosed D.M. 8/3/2017
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...kSM/edit#gid=0

Last edited by bichons9; 08-16-2018 at 10:23 PM. Reason: error
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-17-2018, 07:34 AM
Lolo Lolo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 176
Default Re: PetSure Test Strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichons9 View Post
..since "why" was this strip made to be intended to work with AlphaTrak? I am not a conspiracy theorist but did wonder from beginning about this strip being associated with Alphatrak by Zoetis.
It’s no different than any other knockoff strip being made for a name brand meter. Alphatrak is the most commonly used pet meter and the zoetis strips are expensive. Of course there’s big money in making a cheaper strip for the most commonly used pet meter. It’s no different than genultimate making knockoff cheap strips for the human OneTouch.
I for one do not enjoy spending $100+ a month on strips for my AT meter BUT it’s the only meter I really trust. I would love if petsure was actually able to knockoff the technology of the AT strip, but the fact that people are kind of guessing at what’s the best code to use for it is not good. Their response to one user was that maybe code 20 wasn’t right and to try 44. That’s not good. The instructions in the box seem like there’s some lost in translation parts and they just copied instructions from AT strips.
That said, I tested it yesterday at midday and got really close readings with code 36... not as close but still totally acceptable with code 20. One test isn’t enough to judge, but a promising start!
AT strip 194
Petsure (code 36) 196
Petsure (code 20) 176

Last edited by Lolo; 08-17-2018 at 07:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-17-2018, 10:25 AM
bichons9's Avatar
bichons9 bichons9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Buffalo, N.Y. via Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 170
Default Re: PetSure Test Strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo View Post
It’s no different than any other knockoff strip being made for a name brand meter. Alphatrak is the most commonly used pet meter and the zoetis strips are expensive. Of course there’s big money in making a cheaper strip for the most commonly used pet meter. It’s no different than genultimate making knockoff cheap strips for the human OneTouch.
I for one do not enjoy spending $100+ a month on strips for my AT meter BUT it’s the only meter I really trust. I would love if petsure was actually able to knockoff the technology of the AT strip, but the fact that people are kind of guessing at what’s the best code to use for it is not good. Their response to one user was that maybe code 20 wasn’t right and to try 44. That’s not good. The instructions in the box seem like there’s some lost in translation parts and they just copied instructions from AT strips.
That said, I tested it yesterday at midday and got really close readings with code 36... not as close but still totally acceptable with code 20. One test isn’t enough to judge, but a promising start!
AT strip 194
Petsure (code 36) 196
Petsure (code 20) 176
Thanks LoLo.I will try #36 at 12 noon... I have 5 results: Last one (at #36) very close!!!
6pm yesterday AT 330 PS 298
10pm " AT 137 PS 129 FS 149 (3 meters)
12 am today AT 134 PS 134 (using same meter)
1:35 am AT 345 PS 293 FS 260 (same meter)
10 am AT 288 PS 274 (same meter) PS code #20
12pm AT 205 PS 201 (same meter) PS code #36
Thank you so much... will keep testing!!!!
__________________
Suzie, 10yo, chihuahua, dignosed D.M. 8/3/2017
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...kSM/edit#gid=0
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-17-2018, 10:44 AM
Lolo Lolo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 176
Default Re: PetSure Test Strips

Those are all really close!! Even that 1:35a reading isn稚 bad.
My Lucy is getting a dental today so I知 expecting she may be a bit high for a day or so since she didn稚 get insulin this morning. I知 going to hold my testing til her numbers are lowish. I do think we値l continue to see bigger differences/ranges on higher numbers. I think that痴 pretty standard when comparing different meters.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Disclaimer -- The content on this site is provided for informational and educational purposes only. While we make every effort to present information that is accurate and reliable, the views expressed here are not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by a licensed veterinarian. Please consult with your veterinarian for specific advice concerning the medical condition or treatment of your pet and before administering any medication or pursuing any course of treatment that you may read about on this site.

The views and opinions expressed by contributors to this forum are strictly their own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and views of the owners, administrators, or moderators of this forum and the k9diabetes.com website.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2009, 2010 k9diabetes.com. All rights reserved.