• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bogie - miniature schnauzer

Great update!
    Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Just posting a picture of my "Frog Dog" from last night...

Bogie is a 8 year old 24 pound Miniture Schnauzer, Dx on 08/24/12. Home cooked diet formulated by Just Food For Dogs, Switching from Levemir to Vetsulin.

Comment

shiny coat i like when they stretch out like that i usually will give jesse a back scratch when she does that
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

He looks so good, you are obviously doing a great job with him.

Tara
          Tara in honor of Ruby.
          She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
          Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

LOL, too cute!!
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

He looks very comfy up on that bed!

Jake
              13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
              At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Bogie is so cute - my mini schnauzer, Mya, lays like that all the time. Schnauzers are such darlings - quirky and funny all the time. Never a dull moment.
                Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Abby does the same frog stance. His coat looks great... And such a cutie

Comment

What a great picture - love the frog legs. Bogie looks so healthy and happy - keep up the good work!
                    Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

• Update

Hi Guys,

Update on Bogie… He is doing really well!! His BG numbers have been staying anywhere from 115 to 150 in am fasting and 140 to 160 pm fasting, his nadir is anywhere from 105 to 115, around 11pm he is his lowest about 80 to 100 at which time he gets a small bedtime snack (biscuit)
                      I spoke to my vet this morning and she was very happy with my decision to decrease to 3.25 units. We did stop by the office this am to weigh him and he did drop some weight so she wants me to increase his food by 15% am and pm (I know Bogie will be super happy with that). She said he just may need more calories so well give this a try. She said the increase in food may also raise his BG level a bit so she wants me to run a curve on him on March 1st and well go from there. I am interested to see his new curve and I will post it once it is complete.
                      Thanks again for all of your help and support... I will keep you posted.

Dawn
                      Bogie is a 8 year old 24 pound Miniture Schnauzer, Dx on 08/24/12. Home cooked diet formulated by Just Food For Dogs, Switching from Levemir to Vetsulin.

Comment

Very, very nice Dawn!

Hey how are Bogie's ears? The itchy gone? You liking the ear solution without the lavendar?
                        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

love to see good news and happy dogs, vets and humans! (not that vets aren't human LOL)

yay
                          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Very happy for both of you.

Tara
                            Tara in honor of Ruby.
                            She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                            Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Wonderful update. Love good news.

Barb

Comment

Great up-date! Hope the curve goes well.

Jake
                                13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                                At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X