Johanna's Killian Has gone to the Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johanna's Killian Has gone to the Bridge

I have just found out that Johanna had to let her beautiful boy Killian go. He had been in a lot pain and was having great difficulty getting up and walking. Her vet thought that this would be the most humane thing to do. Possible spinal problem or cancer. I know that Johanna is devastated as Killie meant the world to her!! She couldn't let him suffer like this. She let him go because she loved him. Never an easy thing to do. She asked me to post this as she is not emotionally able to do this. Please send her a pm. I am sure that she would like to see how many of ya'll care about her.

As her friend I am devastated because I know exactly how she is feeling. It feels like your heart has been ripped out of you.

Johanna I am soooooo sorry for your loss. God Speed your little boy!!!!!!!
    Marianne and canines: Jasmine( diabetic since 4/10) Puma,Harley,Sebastian,Sophie and cats: Yoda,Sabrina and Cleo. Also Baby Boy (my cockatiel) & Angel Pebbles

Re: Johanna's Killian Has gone to the Bridge!!!

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. I don't really know Johanna and Killian but I DO know how she is feeling at the moment.

May the pain soon fade and the happy memories return.
    Jan & Dazzle (Border Collie aged 12 yrs) dx 06th February 2009. Dx Hypothyroid 12th July 2011. 6 units am & 5 units pm for this week - still trying to get her back on track. Soloxine 0.4 mgs once a day.

Comment

Dear Johanna,

I am so very sorry to hear about your precious Killian. I know how much you truly loved him. I wish there was something I could say to ease the pain and deep sense of loss you are feeling but know there isn't. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. My heart is breaking for you. You have my number - please call me anytime you need to talk. Hugs being sent to you.

Marianne - thanks so much for letting us know.
      Luv,

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Comment

Dear Johanna,

I know we've never met, but we are all linked by this disease and our love of our babies. Words can't ease your pain right now but know that thoughts and prayers are with you.

Julie
        My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Comment

Re: Johanna's Killian Has gone to the Bridge

Hi Johanna,

I'm so very sorry to hear that Killian has passed. Although I don't know the details, I understand that he may have had degenerative myelopathy of the spine and that he'd been having difficulty walking and was in pain.

I understand the love and the torture of the decision you had to make. Bless you for putting Killian's needs above your own and doing what was right for him even though it tears your heart apart.

Godspeed to Killian, who is the star of our video on the site showing Johanna testing his elbow callous...

http://www.k9diabetes.com/killianelbow.mov

Natalie

Comment

Johanna,

I'm so sorry for the loss of Killian. I know how concerned you were for his health and well-being. You took wonderful care of him. He's now your beautiful angel.

Bonnie and Angel Criss

Comment

Johanna

I don't know you but I do know the pain. Love's not supposed to bring pain but you can't have a dog and not feel it. I hope you find some comfort soon.

snow + Devon

Comment

Oh no! I'm so very very sorry!
                Melinda & Maggie,14 yr. old mixed breed adopted in August 2001. Novilin N, 18u 2x a day; Alpo and Beneful canned food; she's getting up there, but doing alright! Blind, deaf, arthritic, but diabetes is well controlled.

Comment

I'm also very sorry to hear about Killian. I hope you will soon be able to look back fondly on the wonderful life you shared with him. You and Killian helped to dispel the horrible myth about Pitties!

Godspeed Killian!

Comment

Johanna,

I'm so sorry to read that you are having to go through this terribly rough time. A lot of us have been there and its incredibly hard. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jennifer
                    Virgil: 12 year old Jack Russell, 28 lbs, dx 4-25-09, NPH: 14 units x2, Food: Iams (weight loss, dry) & 1/8 tsp. Metamucil w/ water, BG in 100's-250's, Testing: OneTouch Ultra and Ketodiastix

Comment

Johanna,

Anyone who read any of your posts knows how much Killian means to you. They also learned how hard you tried giving him everything he needed for a happy life.

You did all of this out of love--including the terrible choice you had to make. I don't know why there are times when the right thing has to be so painful and hurt so much, but I do know there was never a moment from the time Killian arrived at your home that he wasn't totally and fully loved.

Kathy

Comment

Thank you all for the thoughtful responses..
                        I'm still in denial to some degree..
                        I still wake up in time for his 12am shot every night like a clock.

I didn't have him cremated. I brought him home...
                        He was born in this house and to it he should return.

He's Buried in my back yard under the apple tree...
                        I have been working on his resting place daily..
                        It will be the most beautiful spot on my property when I'm done....
                        I also put lights there.. Killian had a hard time seeing in the dark....

I Go there to just sit and tell him his story's...Something I did everynight while he ate... ( He loved those storys).

Kiss your baby's, and hold them close to you...
                        Each day is a gift to treasure....

Nat, Thank you for posting Killians Video, I have watched it over and over...
                        Its the only video of him I have .....

Thank you again for all your condolences...

Johanna & Killian.

Comment

Ah! Johanna I am so sorry. So sad. Such a gorgeous dog. Pit's have a special place in my heart. I love the breed.

Comment

Can someone tell me how to get to the video? I would love to see it.

Comment

Hi Betty!

It's on the BG test video page: www.k9diabetes.com/bgtestvideos.html.

Natalie

Comment

Working...
                              X