Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 08-10-2018, 05:36 AM

Default PetSure Test Strips

I can’t find any reviews on this new product, but there is a new alternative to the expensive test strips for the AlphaTRAK 2 meter.

http://petsureteststrips.com/
Nulo Adult Trim Cod & Lentils, Pumpkin, FortiFlora, Dasuquin, Thyroxine

Last edited by MikeMurphy; 08-17-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:43 AM

Default Re: PetSure Test Strips

Full Circle looks like the distributor for the product line. In the link below, it's a quarterly report for a company that seems to be the manufacturer. Second paragraph mentions Petsure.

https://www.decisiondiagnostics.co/a...180515_1Qa.pdf
Riley, 7 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 8.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:59 AM

I was just about to ask your question Mike..I did ask on FDMB. After finding the stats and "insert", I ordered a vial $7.95 (with $5 coupon through today) I think the coupon code is for everyone..if not let me know and i'll list it. On FDMB, I saw no reviews but someone responded that they use "insulinX"?? never heard of it. I wrote company asking for stats but just found their insert that made me order to compare. On Ebay, the LosAngeles seller (not N.Y. one) has very positive reviews on Petsure strips.
Petsure insert...20180614_PetSure_Insert_English.

P.S. Write alphaTrak 2 strips in Ebay search box and 2 sellers show up. When I put Petsure glucose strips in box, only the N.Y. seller showed up.
Their stock is DECN @3 cents/share?? Interesting???
Boy do I miss FDMB..I did not ask for followup but the member just sent me a full comparison of AT vs insulinx results(not interested but I guess it's a freestyle strip)

Last edited by bichons9; 08-11-2018 at 12:32 PM. Reason: error
Old 08-12-2018, 03:46 PM

I see they have them on Amazon too - same price .
On Amazon I also see mention of a 60 cnt box that is of course unavailable
My Pal of 12 years 83.5 lbs Spayed Lab Mix Coco (Coke) Diagnosed 7/24/17--22 units (Relion)Novolin N twice a day.Feeding 1cup Whole Earth (grain free) Kibble/ 7oz's Vital Beef/BisonRaw/ 1 cube pumpkin and 1 cube black bean 2 X day
Old 08-12-2018, 05:45 PM

I’m also really curious about these! I go through about 120+ AT2 strips/month and could save a lot if these are as good/accurate.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:36 PM

I use a Relion prime and do the math to convert the reading of Coke's BG which I have found to be very accurate when comparing the BG to that of my Alphatrak 2 for comparison
I pay $17 and change for 100 Relion strips at Walmart
I too am going to buy a 30 cn of the Petsure strips and check them against the Alpha readings just to have something to do a comparison from time to time But I'm very happy with the cost of using my Prime (people meter) and doing the math it only takes a second to do and by comparison is very accurate
I check the Prime meter everytime I go to the Vet against their blood draw test and the Prime readings are within 3-10 points everytime with the closer readings being when her BG is in the lower numbers but being 3-10 in any range will let You know if your having issues especially on the lower readings
I use the same blood that is drawn with the syringe
Dogg
My Pal of 12 years 83.5 lbs Spayed Lab Mix Coco (Coke) Diagnosed 7/24/17--22 units (Relion)Novolin N twice a day.Feeding 1cup Whole Earth (grain free) Kibble/ 7oz's Vital Beef/BisonRaw/ 1 cube pumpkin and 1 cube black bean 2 X day
Old 08-13-2018, 10:49 AM

Reddogg - what do you mean about doing the math and converting?
Old 08-13-2018, 11:26 AM

Hi Lolo I didn't know if you were aware of this little tidbit or not but when using the Relion prime all I was told was to take a reading with it and take the number you get and divide it by .7 giving you a number that should be very close to the alpatrak
Trust me it works great in reference to my Alphatrak
Take your reading with the Prime and divide the number you get by .7 For instance
If I get a reading on the low end lets say 90 on my Prime meter My alphatrak will read 93/94
If I get a reading of 290 0n the Prime my reading on the alphatrak will be 300 give or take a number
So the Prime always reads slightly lower than the Alphatrak keeping you in the safer zone when getting towards the Hypo end of the BG
I hope this helps If you decide to try it just use the Prime and the Alphatrak together a few times on high and low numbers to get your comparisons down
I know I was going broke using the Alphatrak
Good luck and let us know your results as there are a few peeps on this site using a Prime meter as well
Dogg
Old 08-13-2018, 03:10 PM

Thatís really interesting! I have a OneTouch (with genultimate strips) and an AlphaTrak. I donít really trust the onetouch so I donít use it very much. Whenever I have tested it against the AT2 it usually reads about 30 pts lower than the AT2 when sheís in the lower range (under 250).
Old 08-13-2018, 05:14 PM

Lolo I can't say if the One touch would work the same as the prime I would imagine with some testing you might figure out what might get it closer to the Alpha reading But for $7-9 bucks I would just get the Prime It has a pretty good track record and is inexpensive to use I'm not sure if You have a handy to get to Walmart or not but thats where I have found the best prices on them
Dogg