recall on alphatrak strips!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recall on alphatrak strips!!!

There is a recall on alphatrak 2 test strips #1358646, causing erroneously low bloodglucose results!!!
    Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Re: recall on alphatrak strips!!!

Originally posted by stylynjm View Post
    There is a recall on alphatrak 2 test strips #1358646, causing erroneously low bloodglucose results!!!
    Can you provide a link? I can't find anything doing a quick internet search.
    Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

I just got a message from ADW about it. It says that the purple meters aren't affected, but those using the older, gray meters are. I'll screen shot it for you in a second and add it

Edit: here is what I got from ADW

Last edited by ceruleanblue; 11-20-2013, 01:26 PM.
      Mandy and Piper | Border Collie/GSD Mix | 01/01/2002-10/31/2015 | DX: Diabetes- 09/18/12, Bladder tumor- 09/18/14

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
        Can you provide a link? I can't find anything doing a quick internet search.
        I found this old (2010) Abbott recall, but didn't see the AlphaTrak listed.
        http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Sa.../ucm237824.htm
        Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Thanks Mandy for the info! Wonder why I haven't received the email from ADW since I've ordered from them over the years.

Craig

Comment

Anyone else notice the two meters that were shown had just about the same reading (sort of)?

The purple meter indicated 127 mg/dL
            The grey meter seemed to indicate 7.2 mmol. If you convert 7.2 mmol to mg/dL youl'd get about 130.

Sure hope ABBOTT isn't getting things confused :-)

Craig
            Last edited by CraigM; 11-20-2013, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Hi Craig,

I got the same message.... I believe unless they shipped that particular lot number to you, you may have not received the warning message.

But, clearly it is the old Alpha Trak meter that is the problem with the strips that they mention, but the AlphaTrak2 is not a problem.

Barb
              Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Maybe you haven't ordered AT strips recently enough for them to send it to you, Craig? I checked the lot numbers on the two vials I have left from my last order, and mine aren't in the recall. I imagine the other two vials I used previously are from the same lot as the two I still have from the same order.
                Mandy and Piper | Border Collie/GSD Mix | 01/01/2002-10/31/2015 | DX: Diabetes- 09/18/12, Bladder tumor- 09/18/14

Comment

Originally posted by ceruleanblue View Post
                  Maybe you haven't ordered AT strips recently enough for them to send it to you, Craig? I checked the lot numbers on the two vials I have left from my last order, and mine aren't in the recall. I imagine the other two vials I used previously are from the same lot as the two I still have from the same order.
                  Maybe, it's been about a year since I ordered the 4 boxes I'm finishing. I DO have a new AlphaTrak w 2 boxes of strips in shipment to be delivered on Friday. Couldn't pass up the current basically free offer.

Comment

Maybe, it's been about a year since I ordered the 4 boxes I'm finishing. I DO have a new AlphaTrak w 2 boxes of strips in shipment to be delivered on Friday. Couldn't pass up the current basically free offer.
                    Basically free??? I definitely missed that information and would like to hear more details about where you found that deal.
                    Judy (and Sadie) ~ 12 yr. old Lab Mix |Weight: 62 lbs |Diabetes Dx (12/28/2011), Pancreatitis 1/2014 | Diet: 1 1/2c Flint River Ranch Senior Plus Formula with 1/2c Boiled chicken + 1/2c broth|Insulin: Novolin N 25 units 2x daily |Meds: Mirtazapine, Pepcid, Sucralfate, Tylan + B12 capsules | Meter: OneTouch Ultra2| BG Range: 150-404mg

Comment

Originally posted by jgr789 View Post
                      Basically free??? I definitely missed that information and would like to hear more details about where you found that deal.
                      Here's the link: http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5310

FedEx tracking says my new AlphaTrak should be delivered today!

Craig

Comment

Here's the link: http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5310

FedEx tracking says my new AlphaTrak should be delivered today!

Craig
                        Awesome! I'm also planning to get a spare meter next time we have to order strips... I hope the deal lasts for another month!

Comment

Working...
                        X