Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Canine Cushings - See http://www.k9cushings.com

Canine Cushings - See http://www.k9cushings.com The new www.K9Cushings.com is open! So this former temporary home is closed to new posts. Please go to www.k9cushings.com and check to see if your membership transferred there. It will remain viewable, however, until the transition to the new forum at http://www.k9cushings.com/forum is complete.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2009, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Angelina 13.5 year old/13kg Maltese Cross on Trilostane

And now to continue...

I think that if Glynda is "The Oracle" then John must be "The Guardian"

This is tricky stuff and I wish I could find one of these "think outside the formula" vets that some of you have been lucky enough to find. Anyone know of one in Sydney?

Anyway - just a update about today. It's cool and windy here - which helps Angelina. Back on a single 30mg dose of trilostane. As the afternoon wore on, the trilostane wore off and the cortisol kicked in, she was walking straighter - still not great, but improved.

Angelina insisted on dinner at 4:30pm. Same stuff as yesterday - and the day before - but she didn't hesitate. And shaved about 15 seconds off yesterday's time.

After which she went for an afternoon stroll down the street and back. Less of an old lady dog than this morning.

From Roxee'sDad:
"When the trilo kicked in, Roxee got very, very picky about what she will eat. It has to smell good otherwise she would and still does walk away."

I knew I read that somewhere!

And I'm wondering if there's an Australian version of a UTK panel?

Actually Glynda, here in Australia we're in the same boat - our Trilostane is compounded too. Although I did find (on my wanderings this morning) a submission to the government to import Vetoryl into Australia dated just last February:

http://www.apvma.gov.au/gazette/0902...ds/page_16.pdf

"The Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) has before it applications from Dermcare-Vet Pty Ltd for approval of the active constituent trilostane and registration of products containing the active constituent trilostane. The products are VETORYL 120 MG CAPSULES, VETORYL 60 MG CAPSULES and VETORYL 30 MG CAPSULES. The products are for use on dogs."

We may be getting access to the name brand soon? Now we just need to convince Dechra to make it in 10mg and 20mg capsules! It also goes on to answer a few of those pesky exposure and environmental questions I had.

And apologies again to Glynda - my earlier sleep deprived brain misunderstood your reference to 60mg and 80mg doses - which I should have realised translated to 30mg SID becomes 20mg BID.

Believe me Glynda, as far as I'm concerned - nobody could be too verbose for my liking. Tell me more, tell me more!

John II