It's diabetes but ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's diabetes but ...

Wow, time flies! I've not been on for ages, busy with work and keeping track of Webley's sugar levels.

The good news is he seems to be pretty well balanced. He's now on 9 units of Caninsulin every morning and 8 units at night. No more excessive thirst, or uncontrollable weeing - which we all appreciate

He's on regular exercise and looking very trim and healthy. The only downside is that he has become really quite food oriented and will jump up to check out the table for food. On one or two occasions I've even caught him nudging chairs around to get a better view :0

We're doing regular, but not incessant testing to keep an eye on sugar levels. It varies a bit, but not enough to worry about - apparently

We're pleased to have reached a point where we know Webley is doing okay, not suffering ill-effects, and enjoying life as an energetic and fun-loving terrier again. Fingers crossed for the longer term.

Comment

Sounds like a great update all around!! Those are the very best kind!
      Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Great to hear that things are going well :-)
        Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

That's all good news! You must be so pleased Webley is doing well - and you deserve credit too, for taking such good care of him. Well done.
          Clyde: born 21 Feb 2001, dx Dec 2013. Caninsulin 2 x 5u, Prednidale, Pred Forte eye drops. Weight 4.75kg

Comment

Congrats to you and Webley!!

Natalie

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
              X