Just a thought....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought....

Because this sight is so new and most of us have been on other sights...
    I was wondering if there could be a section for new ideas that would enhance this sight?
    Not looking to make Natale's life more hectic.... but i thought it might be a good idea for us to bring up points that have been missing from other sights that we always wished were there??? or things that were there that we wish were here?
    My first thought was a off topic section.....
    My second was a " Emergency Urgent " section....
    that section could not be used for any other post....
    That would be place you would go if something drastic was happening with your pet and you needed immediate help... Fast.....
    and everyone would know to go to that post first... ?
    just a thought???????? Dont mean to be pushy......
    Just want Natale's sight to be the best one out there........

Re: Just a thought....

Johanna, ,
    You are full of good suggestions today Maybe some more smilies?
    Marianne and canines: Jasmine( diabetic since 4/10) Puma,Harley,Sebastian,Sophie and cats: Yoda,Sabrina and Cleo. Also Baby Boy (my cockatiel) & Angel Pebbles

Comment

I love the idea of the emergency thread! Maybe one of the moderators could make it a sticky.

The only problem I found with off the subject is most people bookmark the forum and skip right to the main forum for posting and never see the OT.

This is going to be a wonderful board!

I do like pictures. I love seeing the pictures of all of the dogs and cats. I scrolled thru them all. One thing I have noticed is the icons on this board look more like the dogs.

Killian and Chris are gorgeous dogs. If I ever get another dog, I think it will be a bigger short hair dog. I actually never thought I would have small dogs but they did capture my heart. Just the right dogs at the right time.
      Last edited by bowens2; 03-21-2008, 07:09 PM.

Comment

I agree.. Its hard to know who's on....
        Ill get use to it.....
        Its just new.... I think the people from the cushings boards find this almost the same... But for us from the diabetes boards its different... something we have to get use to.
        I only mention a off topic thread because>>>>>
        Its ok i guess right now because its so new and it hasent really got rooling yet with all the issues we have...
        but once it does.... we cant post everyday stuff....Right??????
        Also when I go to someones profile... I cant see anything about them?
        am I in the wrong place? all I see is how many posts ect....
        I thought we did a profile... maybe im wrong.....

Comment

Originally posted by johanna View Post
          I agree.. Its hard to know who's on....
          Ill get use to it.....
          Its just new.... I think the people from the cushings boards find this almost the same... But for us from the diabetes boards its different... something we have to get use to.
          Hi Johanna,

Yes I think you're right ... this board is very similar to the Cushing's board, so it is easier for some of us to navigate around here. But I bet you'll get used to it really quickly. I'm sorta hanging around here for a while to try to help people figure out how this board works (which is about as much help as I can be, since I know very little about Canine Diabetes)

Originally posted by johanna View Post
          Also when I go to someones profile... I cant see anything about them? am I in the wrong place? all I see is how many posts ect.... I thought we did a profile... maybe im wrong.....
          You can't see anything about people because they haven't entered any information for you to see. By default, each user's profile pretty much only shows how to find their posts and threads. But everybody can add information to their user profiles if they want to.

Here's how:

At the top of any page on the board, there's a blue band (I think it's actually called a "site navigation bar") where you'll see the words "UserCP". Click on UserCP and that will take you to your own profile page. When you get there, look on the left hand side and click on "Edit Profile".

That will take you to where you can enter the information you want to put in your user profile. Stuff like your location, hobbies, job, and any other little details you want to add in there.

When you have finished adding the info you want, click on "Save Changes", and it's done! When anyone clicks on your username, they will then be able to see whatever you have written about yourself in your profile.

Hope this answers your question about that.
          Last edited by acushdogsmom; 03-21-2008, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Hey Johanna!

I barely finished writing my explanation and I see that you already found it!!!
            Last edited by acushdogsmom; 03-21-2008, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Well when you all got time to put it together, that a good idea, i realize we are what not in infancy but at least toddlers with the new board
              Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

Working...
              X