Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Jenny Diabetic & Cushings Poodle is an Angel...

Judi, I have no words, just a shift in the atmosphere when one of ours, and jenny was one of ours, takes that walk. I admire your strength and everything you did for the tiny Diva.
I always loved your post and grew to looking forward to updates on Jenny, just not this one
Peace and light
Jj and eddie

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart
Old 11-20-2014, 07:50 AM
Founding Member

Hi Mo: I think the stupid polar vortex is back. It was 3 degrees F today last year on this day it was 42.

thanks for asking. Ranger is having numerous accidents, he is still adjusting to Jenny being gone. A Big owl swooped from my deck to my tree the other night at midnight when I let him out. He was oblivious but it scared the crap out of me. thanks for asking.

JJ & Eddie: thanks so much for everything you did for us. We still miss her but she was really fading these last two months. She'd do something reminiscent of the "old" Jenny and it would surprise me. And I'd realize that she didn't do it much anymore.

so thanks and hugs to all of your dogs. We are sad and cold. And Ranger is getting lots of new toys and treats to try to keep him from being bored.

Judi
Old 11-23-2014, 07:27 PM

Thinking of you, hugs!
Old 11-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas77450 View Post
Thinking of you, hugs!
Thanks. You are sweet. Ranger and I have had a sad weekend
Old 11-29-2014, 06:18 PM

Judi
As you may have noticed I only visit this board periodically since I lost my Buddy,

I am so very sorry to read about your baby girl Jenni having crossed over where I know she had a lot of furry friends to welcome her.

There are some furbabies on this board that you never quite forget because we seem to have been fighting the same challenges together.

You never do forget but you learn to live with it.

Sending you a great big virtual hug

Louise
Old 11-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Founding Member

Thanks Louise. I agree. I feel like groups of us went through a lot together and you helped me and Jenny a lot. I still look for her but am glad she isn't hurting. Hope things are good with you
Old 12-02-2014, 07:31 AM

Hi Judi,
Glad to see you are still checking in.

We are still hanging in but it's one day at a time for us at this point.
Judy (and Sadie) ~ 12 yr. old Lab Mix |Weight: 62 lbs |Diabetes Dx (12/28/2011), Pancreatitis 1/2014 | Diet: 1 1/2c Flint River Ranch Senior Plus Formula with 1/2c Boiled chicken + 1/2c broth|Insulin: Novolin N 25 units 2x daily |Meds: Mirtazapine, Pepcid, Sucralfate, Tylan + B12 capsules | Meter: OneTouch Ultra2| BG Range: 150-404mg
Old 12-02-2014, 07:56 AM

It took us 14 months to stabilize our Angus and to properly manage his colitis and this past Friday, he was diagnosed with Addison.

I am just thankful that I was able to recognize the subtleties of the symptoms between Colitis and Addison and we rushed him to the vet immediately.

I now just pray and hope that I am not back on this board (for diabetes), not that I don't like you guys.

A friend told me that our little Buddy sent Angus to us to adopt knowing that we would take good care of him.

Keeping my fingers crossed and wishing all furparents the best of luck

Louise

Last edited by buddingartist; 12-02-2014 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:13 AM
Founding Member

aw Judy, enjoy every day and spoil her some for me.

Louise, I hope you don't wind up back here either! I don't know how you do it. I know Addison's is tricky but Angus definitely has the right people taking care of him. please keep us updated!

Judi
Old 12-04-2014, 06:42 AM

So sorry for your loss Judi...Jenny was an inspiration to us all. I'm not on the site very much since losing Ollie but it seems every time I do we've lost another one. Big hugs and thinking of you