Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Eddie Is an Angel - Loved, Released, and All Promises Kept

I just caught your thread and I am so very sorry about Eddie! He was always such an inspiration to us all here...his journey and yours. I'm so glad you were able to be with him and that his passing was at home. You kept the promise and that's what counts! You and Eddie will always be in our hearts! Hugs to you and spirit waves to Eddie!
Old 05-13-2015, 11:26 PM

Hugs to you.
My heartfelt sympathy.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:02 PM

My Heart,
One yr and a week, feels like one day and a minute.
I do stop by to check, weekly at least to check up on ya'll
It has been a difficult yr, lost my mom at Thanksgiving, she gave me Ed when he was all of 12 weeks 2.5 lbs.
Ya'll take care
J.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart
Old 04-02-2016, 02:39 PM
Founding Member

you take care too JJ. I'm so sorry about your Mom.
I was just wondering how you were doing a week or so ago.

big hugs to you and special Eddie in heaven. Judi
Old 04-02-2016, 04:34 PM

Oh JJ...glad you popped in. So sorry about your mom rough year. Sending you a hug...hope you keep coming back!
Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:57 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

JJ - when it rains, it seems to pour. What a tough time you have had - when I lost my mom 17 years ago, it was the one of the most pivotal times in my life. It changed me in so many ways. To think about losing a special pet child too, would be pretty awful. Time helps to ease some of the pain - it never completely leaves you. Best thoughts to you!
Old 04-03-2016, 08:53 AM

Hey JJ, good to see you! Eddie was a very special little guy and you gave him your all.
Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dadís loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:56 AM
Founding Member

i am at a time in my life a fork in the road a transition between now and what will come and maybe not that far off . jesse coming close to what is her life expectancy and my mom 87 years old seeing those subtle but real symptoms of decline that cant be turned back

treasuring these moments in the here and now does help with the inevitability of time that cant be stopped. i think sometimes we can postpone it with just spiritual effort and think maybe we have stopped the process but in the background it continues

you have made the most of that time you did not take it for granted or bury your head in the sand . which at times can be difficult facing the inevitable reality and know it will come and soon. i believe this road even though difficult at times is the more rewarding path and lets those who have passed stay with us and i believe in a good and joyful way
Jesse-26 lbs - 15 years old - 9.5 years diabetic - one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack - 3 shots of Novolin a day sometimes Novolog or r as a correction to higher sugar but that is rare. total insulin for a 24 hour period is between 8 and 10 units of NPH insulin depending on her fasting number