• Quincy

* Name Quincy
    * Breed Terrier mix
    * age 7 years old
    * Weight 49lb b4 diabetes, 39 now
    * Date diagnosed with diabetes 12/2009
    * Type of insulin and how often given humulin n, 8 units, 2x day
    * Diet-homemade with supplements
    * Method of monitoring (home blood glucose testing, urine testing, clinical signs) -home monitoring
    * Other medical issues

Quincy was diagnosed with diabetes in early December 2009..about 3 weeks ago. He had the classic signs-increased urination, drinking a lot of water, always in the kitchen begging for food but losing a lot of weight. When I realized that I could feel my "chubby" dog's ribs, I knew I had to bring him to the vet!

His BG is off the charts-usually in the 500's, sometimes in the 400's. we are still playing the regulation game. he started off at 5 units twice a day and now he's up to 8 2x day. we'll see...

It's obvious to us that Quincy is going blind. His pupils are cloudy and he is bumping into things. When I put his food right in front of his face he sniffs around for it instead of diving right in. We are hoping that our other dog, finnegan, will become his guide dog!

So, glad this site exists...I'll check back often...and post updates.

Re: Quincy

Welcome to you and Quincy!

I copied your post to the diabetes discussion forum - that is where the day to day conversation and posting occurs and where people will catch up with your thread.

http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1546

I'll post a quick response to you there.

Natalie

Comment

Working...
    X