Question about coding AT2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about coding AT2

Hello, not sure where to post this. However, i need help.

I just bought an Alpha trak 2 tester. I also bought the Freestyle lite test strips because i heard these could be used. The code on the strips is 16, but my AT2 does not have a code 16 in it. What code do i use, if i can infact use the Freestyle lite test strips?

Thanks,

myra

Re: Craig's Discussion of Meters, Lances, and Lancing Devices

So do i code my AT2 meter at "7" to use the FreeStyle lite strips OR do i code it "16" which is on the container?

Myra

Comment

I don't have an answer...sorry, But sure would be interested in using these and what code to use as I , too, have an Alphatrak2!

Comment

Originally posted by docjgirl View Post
        So do i code my AT2 meter at "7" to use the FreeStyle lite strips OR do i code it "16" which is on the container?

Myra
        Welcome to the forum,
        In years past many of us used old style FreeStyle LITE (FSL) test strips in our original (gray colored) AlphaTrak meters. The old style FSL strips seemed to be identical to the old AlphaTrak strips. We coded at "7", no matter what the container of FSL strips indicated. In the old days with the old AT system, test strips were always (at least all the test strips I purchased over several years) were coded 7 for dogs; now the new AT2 strips appear to have different codes for different batches. I've had new AT2 strips which have been code 5, and code 35!

Since that time there has been several changes. I'm not sure how close the New FSL strips are when used in the new (purple) AlphaTrak2 meter. I ran one test back in june and had this result (same blood droplet):

New AT2, coded 5 per the AT2 container, with new AT2 strip = 177
        New AT2, coded 7, new FSL strip = 144

This was only one comparison because I was running out of FSL strips, and my few FSL strips were a few months out of date. The 33 point difference may, or may not be significant.

I would suggest you run your own comparison. Let us know your results.

Craig
        Last edited by CraigM; 11-10-2012, 12:38 PM.
        Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Re: Question about coding AT2

The AT2 strips I've purchased are coded either 35 or 36. I thought I had freestyle lite strips and was going to use them with the meter if I could figure it out, then realized they were freestyle (not lite). My hubby has a freestyle meter, so I tried to do some side by side tests with it and the AT2. Craig looked at the numbers with me, but I found it was hard to calibrate with our irratic bg's, the percentages varied depending on if it was a high or low bg. I would like to us freestyle strips because of the expense of AT2 strips so, if you break the codes, please post them. And welcome to the forum. Janie

Comment

Working...
          X