X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lily - My English Setter

Happy birthday, beautiful Lilly!
    Gus - **Angel as of March 7, 2018"
    10.5 yr mini-schnauzer, diagnosed Sept. 2015, currently 17.5 units Novolin N 2x day; diet W/D, tblsp pumpkin, Advocate PetTester tester/strips & Alpha-Trak2 for alternative (when I question weird BG readings); blind as of March 1, 2016

Comment

Happy b-day lovely Lily!
      Mr. Shadow 11 year old mix breed, 21 lbs. , diabetes diagnosis Sept. 2015. Currently on 10 units Novolin N

Comment

Thanks to all for the happy birthday wishes

Mike and Lily
        Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
        Diabetes: Aug 2013
        Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
        Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Happy belated birthday to your beautiful girl
          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Checking in with a quick Lily update...

She went to the vet today for her 6 month thyroid test. Just the T4 test this time around and it looks normal. I did a BG curve a couple of days ago and her numbers were in the 100s and 200s

She is currently on a mix of 16 units Novolin N and 4 units Novolin R. Adding the R has worked nicely to flatten her spike after eating and also extend her insulin duration to 12 hours. A few weeks ago, we boarded her while we were on vacation. To be safe, I reduced her to just the 16 units of Novolin N during her stay and she did great.

Lily... Keeping cool in the shade

Last edited by MikeMurphy; 04-18-2018, 11:31 AM.

Comment

we like those positive lily updates

nice you can go on a trip and have a safe place for your girl
              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Beautiful picture of Lily and wonderful to hear her update
                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Lily is such a beauty! Love her updates
                  Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

What a beautiful girl!

So glad she seems to be doing well. It gives hope to us just starting out on this journey
                    Jackson birthdate: May 11th 2006 Chocolate Lab 91lbs diagnosed August 11th, 2016 Humulin N 26 units 2x daily (still regulating) Fromm Gold Weight Management

Comment

Lily got a hair cut yesterday and the groomer thought she might have an ear infection. I always seem to forget about checking her ears. They do smell a little off, so I treated her with Zymox and Baytril OTIC.

Her chest and underside were pretty matted from laying out in the backyard during the recent heat and humidity. But she's all cleaned up and feeling cooler now...

Last edited by MikeMurphy; 04-18-2018, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Omg , I love seeing pictures of your beautiful girl; )
                        Glad she is happy and doing well.
                        Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

So pretty!!
                          Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

She is so beautiful
                            Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

For the last two days, Lily hasn't been eagerly eating her breakfast the way she normally does. She has been laying by her bowl for a few minutes and then walks away, only to come back in an hour to finish eating. Supper has not been a problem. Not really knowing if she would finish her breakfast, I gave her 1/4 of her insulin dose and the rest after she finished. As a result, her BG numbers are a little higher.

I gave her some Pepcid yesterday and she's back to normal this morning

Here she is watching me cut the grass on Friday...

Last edited by MikeMurphy; 04-18-2018, 11:29 AM.

Comment

If there's a meal they balk at, it'll likely be breakfast. Good to hear you got her "centered" again."

Great looking girl and, no doubt a Bills fan!
                                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Working...
                                X