Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pip collie lab x cushings arthritis

Hi everyone

I just giving you and update regarding my golden baby boy.
    Well things got very bad from last thursday Pip couldn't walk or even get up .we had to help up to go in to the garden and support him while he went to the toilet by Easter i was in tears as things just wasn't improving (my mum uses a deep freeze spray for her back and joints so i asked my if i could just try on Pip)and it worked he was able to stand up unaided by 11am easter day he was playing and running about so i contiuned to use on him and we haven't look back except today as he had a bath i didnt use today and i frontlined him.
    Went to the vets today told her how pip was and what i used she logged of the practice page and went onto google and typed in what i was using she hasn't got a problem with me using that at all afterlooking what was in it she just double checked which i was using as there are some with anti inflammotorys but this on hasn't so shes fine if it works not a problem.
    Pip is still food food food and drinking alot she said after his las results she couldn't put his vetoryl up as he was his levels where 11 and they should range is between 30 and 50 ,
    We are retesting him again on the 8th may where its likely she will put his vetoryl back up to 2 daily (as pips levels are either to HIGH or to LOW)We have only had 1 blood test where he has been perfect with his readings.
    I asked if he could be diabetic she said NO he was tested in march an they where fine as checks pip regulary for diabetes with being a cushing dog .his liver is fine .although she did say his cholesterol was up (didn't really understand and she didn't say anything else)
    Today she checked his claws as some of them are starting to fall out not break or snap they come whole , so we have to keep a watchful eye
    As i email you my golden most handsome boy is asleep with his head on his mums lap
    (i know to some people he not handsome just a fat dog but to me and the people that really know pip he's handsome)
    We had alot of people ask us Pip must of won best in show alot and has noe retired my mum said NO his just a normal rescue dog. i told he's not just a rescue hes our boy and you should be very very proud when people say that to as they are making a complement about my boy and you just say his a rescue,
    Pip has lost weight he went upto 38 kilos and his now going not by much but he's 35.5 kilos

thats my news on my golden boy
    hope you all had a nice easter
    Julie Pip

Re: Pip collie lab x cushings arthritis

Hi Julie!

As you know, I am THRILLED that you and Pip are finally here with us once again!

That was a good thought you had to try the freeze spray on Pip! I doubt that would have ever occurred to me. My sister-in-law uses it and simply swears by it so I am glad to know Pip is getting some relief from it, too. Amazing how quick it worked!

2 1/2 kilos may not be a whole lot, but it sounds like you have found the key to helping him lose weight after all you have tried, and every little bit helps. If I could drop a ton or two, my knees would be much happier! I bet Pip can tell the difference already! Even a few ounces can mean alot to pups sometimes!

In looking for you, folks all over England have now heard the names, Julie and Pip, so you tell your mom and anyone who asks, that we think Pip is more than "best in show"....he and his mom are world champions!!!

Hugs and welcome HOME,
    Leslie and the girls
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence
    and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." Anne, a Corgi mom

Comment

Oh Julie, I'm so glad to see you, too!!!!!!!

I'm so happy that Alison got your address, and Leslie is not kidding -- she has been doing everything in her power and contacting everyone she could think of to find you and Pip... You are both well-loved here and you were sorely missed.

Speaking of "sore," I'm also relieved to hear that Pip seems to be feeling better now that you are using the freeze spray. I don't know what that is, so I will have to look into it myself, since my elbow is acting up after pruning my hedge!

Thanks, AS ALWAYS, for this update.
      It is so good to have you and your sweet, handsome boy back with us again.
      Marianne

Comment

Julie,

I'm so happy you found your way here.

That is wonderful that the spray is working on Pip. I am battling arthritis with my boy McGill so I'd like to know the name of what you are using.

Again, I am so happy handsome Pip is doing well.

Carol, Winnie (always), McGill & Atty

Comment

Oh Julie,

I too am so very glad you are here and thank you so much for the update on Pip - we were so worried.

I am glad he has some comfort and please keep us updated.

Terry

Comment

Hi Julie,

I, like those who have posted before me, am so happy you and your handsome boy Pip are with us again!

I've never heard of the freeze spray either but would certainly like to know what it is so I could learn more about it. I am glad it is giving relief to Pip. Is he back to chasing after the Kitty cats again??

Thanks for your update. Always interested in seeing how you and your boy are doing.

Louise & Munchie
            Munchie, 11 yr. old Mini-Schnauzer, 23.2 lbs., diabetes 10/24/12. 8 units Novolin N 2xdaily.

Comment

thank you for your replies.its great to be back.Pips still doing fine can't stop him at the moment using the freeze spray

julie pip

Comment

Hi Julie,
                Glad to hear that the freeze spray is working for Pip!

Cheryl

Comment

Hi Julie,
                  Welcome back, glad Pip is doing better.

Can you tell me more about this freeze spray? Name, is it a prescription?

Thanks & Give Pip a belly rub from us.
                  John (Roxee's Dad)

P.S. BTW - Rescue dogs are the best, they have saved many a human, and they always have a special place in my heart. Glad Pip found you.
                  Last edited by Roxee'sDad; 04-18-2009, 02:57 PM. Reason: added PS

Comment

Originally posted by Roxee'sDad View Post
                    Hi Julie,
                    Welcome back, glad Pip is doing better.

Can you tell me more about this freeze spray? Name, is it a prescription?

Thanks & Give Pip a belly rub from us.
                    John (Roxee's Dad)

P.S. BTW - Rescue dogs are the best, they have saved many a human, and they always have a special place in my heart. Glad Pip found you.
                    Well said!

Comment

Here a link to the freeze spray i use on pip

www.deepfreeze.co.uk THIS IS THE ONE I USE AS ITS DOESNT HAVE ANY ANTI INFLAMMTORYS IN MY VET HAS ALREADY SHECK THE INGREDIENTS AND DOES NOT HAVE A PROBLEM USING ON PIP THERE ARE SOME FREEZE SPRAY OUT THERE THAT DO CONTAIN ANTI INFLAMMTORY'S
                      bUT PIP CAN STAY ON HIS PAIN RELIEF MEDICATIION WITH THE ONE I USE
                      TWICE ADAY MORNING AND EVENING I SPRAY ON ALL HIS JOINTS STAND NEAR HIS FACE SO THE MIST FROM THE SPRAY DOESN'T GET IN HIS FACE. JUST SPRAY AND MASSAGE .HE PLAYING AND RUNNING.
                      AS I'VE SAO=ID IT WORKS FOR HIM.
                      jULIE pIP
                      Last edited by AlisonandMia; 04-19-2009, 01:06 AM. Reason: Fix link

Comment

Just to update you all

Pip is fine but he will not being having his ACTH STIM on the 8th may pips doing great its just like having a pup again i've been painting the fence over the weekend and pip eeps trying to run off with the brush to get some attention. the reason being i at the hospital again to see the consultant at the deaf clinic on thursday.then on the 8th of may i at the hospital to talk about surgery for my deafness' so that the reason i've had to cancel his acth stim as there no way i will be back to get him to the vets and noone esle is aviaqble to take him so i've had to reschedule
                        julie pip

Comment

Hi Julie,

I hope he runs your legs off

Thanks for posting the information about the freeze spray, I also know nothing about it.

Scott

Comment

Julie,

I am glad Pip is feeling so much better and wanted to wish you all the best with your consultation at the deaf clinic and your appointment at the hospital regarding possible surgery for your deafness. This is exciting news.

Sending lots of scritchies for your boy, Pip and positive thoughts for you.

Louise & Munchie
                            Munchie, 11 yr. old Mini-Schnauzer, 23.2 lbs., diabetes 10/24/12. 8 units Novolin N 2xdaily.

Comment

Hi Julie,

I can just see Pip snatching that brush and taking off with you hot on his tail! That is a most pleasant, satisfying image! And, like Scott, I hope he keeps you running and jumping!

The surgery possibility sounds wonderful and I'm sure it is exciting for you! Please do keep us informed on how it goes for you. I will be praying for the best outcome possible!!! And lighting a candle or two as well.

Hugs,
                              Leslie and the girls
                              "May you know that absence is full of tender presence
                              and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." Anne, a Corgi mom

Comment

Working...
                              X