No announcement yet.

Nibbles earned his wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your telling me, Tara. This was my first job, I worked there for 17 years. I've never had an interview before either. Everything is online applications, you can't even see anyone face to face anymore. I've been home for 2 weeks so far. I've reorganized the house. Regrouted my marble kitchen floor, baked up to wazoo! If I don't find something soon, my floors are gonna buckle from cleaning them so much. I went to work everyday. Barely took vacations. I don't know what to do with myself. Daytime tv is horrible, too. I go to the gym everyday, which is a plus.
    I'm Debbie and Nibbles is a 16yo beagle mix ~ Diagnosed in Feb. 2011 with Diabetes and Cushings ~ Currently at 11 units Humulin N ~ Eating Wellness canned food.

Comment

• Re: Nibbles earned his wings

Awe Debbie, I still remember when you posted the news of saying goodbye to Nibbles. It doesn't seem like another year could have passed. I always wish we could turn back the clock for one more day...but know that even if that was possible one more day would still not be enough.

Though I never knew your Casey, it's obvious how special he was to you too.

Hugs to you all!

Love the update on your new clan - lucky bunch they are!
      Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Time does fly Debbie. Glad you have such a crew now though too. Good luck with the job hunt...not so fun.
        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

What an adorable little dog!!!!
          Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

There's a special place in heaven for you, Debbie, for giving all these wonderful beings a nice secure home.
            Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Originally posted by farrwf View Post
              There's a special place in heaven for you, Debbie, for giving all these wonderful beings a nice secure home.
              I could not agree more!

You are so right Debbie...you love each one so differently. They each take a special place in our hearts!
              Mel
              Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

• Thanks bill, cause lord knows each animal has taken a few years off my life so it's nice to know I'll go somewhere nice! It's funny cause joey was just saying that he better go to heaven for this! Meanwhile, he just guilts me into capturing the animals but does none of the work, lol.

It just amazes me and makes me so happy to see these cats outside so scared and sad To now flying around the house play with toys and cuddling and purring all the time. Each one wants kisses right on the mouth! So hard to believe they were living in the street for so long.

Oh and par for the course, luigi won't eat his food! I've tried everything. I hand feed him or he won't eat and throws up. I finally got him to eat dry food with SHEBA CAT food in it, he loves it. He's a cat-dog. See so many things changes but so e always stay the same, grrr!
                I'm Debbie and Nibbles is a 16yo beagle mix ~ Diagnosed in Feb. 2011 with Diabetes and Cushings ~ Currently at 11 units Humulin N ~ Eating Wellness canned food.

Comment

It is good to know that your big heart is surrounding more creatures in need!

Sending a kiss skyward to Nibbles and Casey.

Natalie

Comment

Dropping to say hey, and glad you dropped by too!
                    Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Hi guys-

Dropping in to say hello.

I can't believe it's been 5 years since Nibbles. It seems like yesterday but at the same time a lifetime ago.

So many new faces around here.

Hope everyone is doing well and the babies too!

Comment

nice to see you here Debbie yes it seems like yesterday

nibbles gives me hope that jesse can keep going past a normal lifespan of a beagle even with additional challenges as your nibbles did

hope all is well
                        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Yes he definitely was an inspiration with his tough little spirit.

It's good to hear from home and hope both you and Jesse are doing well.

Comment

Debbie,
                            Five years - where does the time go? I'm sure Nibbles still keeps watch from above and sends messages through the rest of your crew. Hope all is well with you.
                            Holli
                            Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Working...
                            X