Maggie earned her wings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maggie earned her wings.

Thinking of you Diane. So glad you posted. Sending hugs to you and your angel.
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Glad you stopped by, Diane! Lots of hugs to you and Maggie!
      Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

I didn't mean to pop in here today it was an accident I was going to my weather favorite but then when i read you're post on Maggie I realized I too just hit the 6 month mark of Monkey's passing. I still yell "Run Monk Run" when I take my other dog to the golf course because that's what we would say to Monk of course and he would just fly like the wind. Never happier than when he was running free. I don't know if I told this before but the first time I walked my other dog on the cart path at the golf course, I was speaking to myself of course and said run Monk run and then I thought are you up there running with us and I looked up and there was a cloud that snaked right along the path we were taking. As if to say "Yes I am here - I am here running"
        Last edited by bowens2; 10-04-2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowens2 View Post
          I didn't mean to pop in here today it was an accident I was going to my weather favorite but then when i read you're post on Maggie I realized I too just hit the 6 month mark of Monkey's passing. I still yell "Run Monk Run" when I take my other dog to the golf course because that's what we would say to Monk of course and he would just fly like the wind. Never happier than when he was running free. I don't know if I told this before but the first time I walked my other dog on the cart path at the golf course, I was speaking to myself of course and said run Monk run and then I thought are you up there running with us and I looked up and there was a cloud that snaked right along the path we were taking. As if to say "Yes I am here - I am here running"
          thats a beautiful thought
          Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
          Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Betty, so glad you "accidentally" popped in! We love hearing from you as well.
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

I lost my brother and mother in October - so I've always found the month rather dark in more ways than just being Fall.

I wish there was a way to fill that empty part of the heart - but I hope both of you feel better after coming by the site and resting a bit with the people who understand and care about you!

I don't believe in accidents!

Love and hugs,

Pam

Comment

You guys might think I am crazy but the night after Maggie died I was laying in bed crying, I looked up and saw like a rolling white cloud move up toward the ceiling and then it was gone. Either Maggie was checking on me or I was crying so hard I hallucinated. Haven't really told anyone that. I figured they would think I was crazy but that is what I saw.
                Maggie, 70 lb golden Lab. dx 12/30/11 w/d kibble with a little canned innova, boiled chicken pieces after shot for treat.. starting on Levemir 3 units. 2/25/12

Comment

No Diane not crazy, just open to the experience. How wonderful and devastating all at the same time. Does it ever feel like she's with you now...you know in that other way? I think some people are just more open and trusting of it then others and can therefore experience it more.

It doesn't come close to actually having them physically here with us, but I am now able to take comfort when I feel a passed animals presence.

Tara
                  Tara in honor of Ruby.
                  She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                  Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

i am with tara these experiences do happen if you are open to it and are very special gifts to that special person
                    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I truly believe that those who have gone before us keep an eye on us! This sounds strange to some but my mother used to visit me in the middle of the night after she passed away. Wasn't anything more than just knowing in some way that she was there. Funny thing is that she kept waking me up til I scolded her and told her to let me sleep! lol She's still here...just low key! So yes...I believe that you may have seen Maggie there with you! Watching over you! Hugs!
                      Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

I use to think I felt forbins paw on my shoulder when. I was driving. He always put it there when we went for rides
                        Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Just read through my thread as it will be a year now since I put my Maggie girl to sleep. It brought back how incredibly hard I tried to save her. You know, I have never second guessed myself for my decision to put Maggie down. I knew with all my heart she was going down fast no matter how hard I was trying and I knew I had to do what was best for her.

I sure do miss her though. It has been a trying year, the first 6 months I pretty much cried a lot. Life would go on, I was even diagnosed with breast cancer, had the lump removed and found out I was misdiagnosed. It was benign. probably the hardest time of my life, plus grieving Maggie I was just devastated.

I have moved twice. and still have not settled where I am going to stay. I have a house in Wyoming with siblings there but my parents live in Ca. I think of Maggie often, she was such a big part of my life. It does get better. Once I settle on where I am going to live I will get another.

Sounds crazy, but I am sure some of you will understand. I hesitate to get another because I just get to attached and it hurts to bad. Then I tell myself there is a dog out there that needs someone to love and care for it and I should do that.

Thanks again everyone, reading through those posts was hard but all of you were so helpful and caring. I don't know how I could of went through that without you. It really does get better with time, You can put things more into perspective. I gave Maggie a good life and I am happy about that.
                          Maggie, 70 lb golden Lab. dx 12/30/11 w/d kibble with a little canned innova, boiled chicken pieces after shot for treat.. starting on Levemir 3 units. 2/25/12

Comment

Hang in there Diane
                            We all know that place that you are in right now
                            Maggie was a beautiful girl
                            Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

You've had a rough year Diane but hopefully bluer sky's are ahead. You always thought of Maggie's well being first and foremost. And because of that she is at peace. I'm sure she would want you to be also

Sandy

Comment

You have had a rough year. I can just picture you wishing you could hug Maggie and it makes me sad. I hope this coming year finds some peace, health and hopefully a very lucky dog
                                Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Working...
                                X