Cj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cj

Oh Annemarie! Am SO understanding of what you just went thru....same thing happened last fall with Hank. Thought we'd lose him, too! Pancreatitis is just SO horrible in what it does to them...and everything that goes along with it.

The smaller meals will likely help a lot with that particular problem...big meals seem to cause more upset for pancreas pups. Hank hasn't been terribly regulated since he eats when he wants to but it does work.

I'm SO very glad that CJ made it thru...he's such a sweetheart and just so important to you! Keep on loving him! Hugs to you and our little guy!
    Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Hoping CJ back to his normal tricks and feeling better.
      Pippa; Westie, diagnosed 17th April 2012 at 6.5 years old, 8.7kgs, 6.8 units canninsulin bd, Burns high oats food . Lives with George 9 (Black lab), Polly 19 (cat) and Basil 15 (diabetic mog for 5+ years). Im Jen and we live in West Wales where it rains too much!

Comment

Hi Anne Marie,
        Have been thinking about you the last few days and just wondered how CJ was doing. Hope all well with you all and his pancreatitis is settled at the moment.

Would love an update when you get the time.

Jen and Pippa xx
        Pippa; Westie, diagnosed 17th April 2012 at 6.5 years old, 8.7kgs, 6.8 units canninsulin bd, Burns high oats food . Lives with George 9 (Black lab), Polly 19 (cat) and Basil 15 (diabetic mog for 5+ years). Im Jen and we live in West Wales where it rains too much!

Comment

Hi there everybody sorry it's been so long!
          Cj is doing so so well - my fingers are crossed! He his back to his old weight 9.7-10kg ! His coat looks fantastic!
          He is really in the best form ever since we came back to Ireland in July . He travelled really well from South Africa to France . He was a bit low when he arrived in Nice ... Bg 3!!! But he was fine and back to normal in a week. He tends to go between 6 and 15 but sometimes higher or lower depending on how he feels.
          His pancreas is ok at the moment. I still feed him 4-5 times a day small amounts - always weighed and the same!!! I learnt all that here!
          He is on flagyl 1-2 a day depending on how he is and when his pancreas flares up I give him ranitidine for a few days and that usually works.
          He is still a little pirate ! No his eyes are fine he can still spot a crumb on the floor from 50 feet!!! And can see a cat from a mile away!!!
          He just sometimes does not want to eat in the morning. So my vet in Sa suggested baby porridge with rice. And cj the little monkey loves it . So whenever he won't eat I give it to him . It does not affect his bg levels.
          He is on 6.8-7 iu twice a day still caninsulin .

He gets bacterial infections in his paws and he was getting anti bio injections for this but when we came here my vet here said to try fuciderm - use gloves to rub it in - but it really works and no change on bg. I rub it in before walks.

I will post a few photos later of toffee and cj.

But he really is doing so well and really enjoying life. Everybody here can't believe he is diabetic especially the vet he said cj looks like a young dog!!! He is 10.5 yrs now . Diabetic for over 2 years! I never thought he would make it but he did thanks to all the help and support the forum gave me.

Will try and catch up on your threads .

Hugs
          Anne Marie and cj and toffee
          Anne-Marie and CJ Westie , Born 13 Jan 2004, dx May 2012, Weight 9.5kg, 6 iu Caninsulin Twice daily. Mixture of food - baby formula and mixture of chicken and vegetables . 4-6 feeds a day due to pancreatitis which is under control.

Comment

what a great update! yay
            Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Great report, and wonderful to hear from you. It's sure been a while!!!
              Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

great update anne marie

its finding what works for your pup and you have discovered a way to keep cj safe

dont be a stranger. we enjoy cjs adventures and its good for others to see how well he is doing on his unique routine

happy belated sugarversery to cj
                Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Wonderful to hear from you and what a lovely update on Cj. So happy things are going well. I agree with Jesse Girl - his story is inspiring because it isn't the typical twice daily, 12 hours apart feeding schedule, yet you still make it work. Kudos to you for all your efforts in learning what worked for him.
                  Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

This post made my day!! So happy for you and Cj.

Natalie

Comment

Anne-Marie,

Oh, it was great hearing from you and how well CJ is doing. Wonderful, wonderful update.

Barb
                      Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

So great to hear from you guys! I am glad CJ is doing well.
                        Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Working...
                        X