• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New member Snowball

213 at 9:05am

Comment

Not looking too bad. Just a suggestion, post the complete day's numbers in one post, rather than a bunch of single posts, that way it's easier to see the whole day's range and pattern.
      Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.

Comment

Part of that is for me. I forget to send the spreadsheet to work or home sometimes so I can track them here and then add them in. Her back legs are a bit better, but she still isn't doing the best going up and down steps etc.

Comment

6:25AM 342
          9:06am 213
          11am 334
          1:PM 327
          3:51PM 305

Comment

Wife didn't realize I fed Snowball this morning and fed her again so she ate twice. She seems to be doing well so far and her numbers were fine at 9am.

Comment

Jesse can eat extra food from her enterprising ways of finding it and on many occasions it did not create high sugar . Even something sugary
              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

She has been high all day just about. 4 hundreds and 5 hundreds. I gave her half her food tonight so hopefully she back to normal in the morning. She didn't want to eat all that much tonight anyway.

Comment

Did not run tests over the weekend as snowball seemed to be doing well. Tested this morning and it was 541 which surprised me. Been better rest of the day. She is on 3.5U all the time. She played with her toys last night which she hasn't done except for one day in the past 2 or 3 months and it used to be every night. She seems better, but I'm worried there is permanent nerve damage in the back legs as she is scared to go down the little step out the back door or up the step to get back in and that was never a problem before.

Oct 29th
                  6:15am 541
                  9:30am 227
                  11:15am 275
                  120PM 261
                  3PM 290

Comment

glad snowball feels better . sometimes a break from testing can be a good thing
                    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

can she see okay?
                      is there any cloudness in her eyes?
                      Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                      20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

I strongly doubt permanent nerve damage happens that quickly. More probably the bit of neuropathy she may have had is still slowly diminishing, as sugar levels become better and more consistent.

In humans, nerve damage is a long slow process, over many years for controlled diabetes.
                        Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Riliey and Mo View Post
                          can she see okay?
                          is there any cloudness in her eyes?
                          The vet says there was a dot of cataracts but very small when she checked her. She seems to see fine.

The legs seem better too at this point. She is going in and out of the house now although sometimes I still need to help her as she might get scared.

Comment

glad snowballs getting up and around more. good job Rob.

try to get her bg numbers under 250 for the better part of the day.
                            Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                            20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

I don't worry about a high number until it's a trend - is the high fasting level of blood sugar typical for her or was this a one-off?

Natalie

Originally posted by robl45 View Post
                              Did not run tests over the weekend as snowball seemed to be doing well. Tested this morning and it was 541 which surprised me. Been better rest of the day. She is on 3.5U all the time. She played with her toys last night which she hasn't done except for one day in the past 2 or 3 months and it used to be every night. She seems better, but I'm worried there is permanent nerve damage in the back legs as she is scared to go down the little step out the back door or up the step to get back in and that was never a problem before.

Oct 29th
                              6:15am 541
                              9:30am 227
                              11:15am 275
                              120PM 261
                              3PM 290

Comment

Just an update, she still doing well. She had a little issue in late november early december as her food dose got messed up and she went a little low on the blood sugar and got a little numb again but lately she is fine. Doing 3 units morning and night with 1/3 a cup food in the morning and at night.

Comment

Working...
                                X