Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jenny Diabetic & Cushings Poodle is an Angel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jenny 11 y/o Poodle

Probably cerenia for vomiting.

Maggie got tramadol for pain but gabapentin is probably fine, too.
    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Well wishes for your girl.
      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

I hope Jenny gets to feeling better soon!
        Mandy and Piper | Border Collie/GSD Mix | 01/01/2002-10/31/2015 | DX: Diabetes- 09/18/12, Bladder tumor- 09/18/14

Comment

Originally posted by Judi View Post
          Well I didn't give her pain meds this am and she wouldn't eat tonight. And her blood sugar was 70. So no insulin and pain meds. At 10 pm she ate boiled chicken. Tummy cramps whimpering. Shivering. In my arms. I haven't had the heart to test her sugar again yet but I'm hoping we can hang till morning. I forgot. She isn't wonder dog.
          Judi.... send waves of healing prayers for your Jenny. We think they are wonder dogs, and sadden to find they are not.

Hugs,
          Barb
          Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Cyber hugs and prayers that your sweet baby can get past this hurdle!!
            Jenny's a tough little cookie

Sandy

Comment

thanks you guys. we did finally get some sleep and she ate a little more chicken at lunch. going to the vet for a check up tomorrow and requesting more pain meds! I just hate seeing her like that.

Jenny & I appreciate all of you very much.

We are going to continue with the several small meals pulverized like Jesse girl Amy suggested
              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

So sorry Jenny is not feeling well. Cooper also struggles with pancreatitis and it does seem to come out of the blue sometimes. I can usually get her to eat chicken, white rice, cottage cheese. instead of blending it I "pulse" the chicken and rice in the food processor so it's tiny pieces and add a little chicken broth. I always keep Cerenia on hand and she gets Pepcid AC 1/2 tablet in the morning And at night. She also gets pain meds. When it has gotten really bad and she keeps vomiting the vet has given her shots of the Cerenia and the pain med. I've spent many nights with her wrapped in a blanket walking the floor trying to get her to settle down.

Hope she feels better soon will pray for you and her

Comment

Judi, sending healing hugs for your baby, that she get's back on track. She seems to be a toughie though which is good.
                  Ben wgt. 45 lbs. Puggle diagnosed 1/15/14 Hills Science Diet W/D with smaller topper of wet Novalin-N 13 units b.i.d.

Comment

Sending good thoughts and prayers that she feels better soon.

Jake
                    13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                    At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Sending cyber hugs and healing vibes your way!!
                      Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

Judi,
                        So sorry that Jenny is still not feeling well. Let us know how you make out at the Vets. Sending you many prayers that this too shall pass.
                        Judy (and Sadie) ~ 12 yr. old Lab Mix |Weight: 62 lbs |Diabetes Dx (12/28/2011), Pancreatitis 1/2014 | Diet: 1 1/2c Flint River Ranch Senior Plus Formula with 1/2c Boiled chicken + 1/2c broth|Insulin: Novolin N 25 units 2x daily |Meds: Mirtazapine, Pepcid, Sucralfate, Tylan + B12 capsules | Meter: OneTouch Ultra2| BG Range: 150-404mg

Comment

It is hard to watch but stick with the pain meds and the bland diet - pulverized and she will bounce back
                          Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

One thing that helped me understand Maggie's pancreatitis pain was having a person I know who suffered from pancreatitis attacks. My sister in law had something in her pancreas that wasn't working correctly and she would get pancreatitis. She would be hospitalized on morphine drips. She was one tough chick too - She had three kids with no drugs or epidurals and she told me that pancreatitis made childbirth feel like a pedicure. She eventually had a surgery to solve the problem but it would take her at least a week to eat solid real food again after a flare up and one of her biggest problems was movement - she told me everytime she even shifted her weight, it was extremely brutal pain.

I imagine our dogs have a particularly higher tolerance for pain than the average dog just due to the injections and testing.
                            Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

thank you all. It really helps me to hear how your dogs present symptoms and what you do for them. Makes me know that Jenny isn't doing anything strange just part of the process.

My husband took her to the vet and had her write everything down because he didn't know what she was talking about. LOL

her bloodwork still shows she is suffering from pancreatitis but the vet said she seems to have "turned the corner" what we expected. yay

she gave us some tramadol and told us to buy some Pepcid AC which we will.

I'm going to try adding some low fat cottage cheese or greek yogurt to her boiled chicken.

Amy I am with you. I am feeding her a little at a time and totally winging the insulin right now. thanks again to all of you!
                              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Good to hear Judi.

And great insight from your SIL Amy.
                                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Working...
                                X