New Min Pin member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Min Pin member

neuropathy? Violet's back legs wouldn't hold her this morning I got her fed and gave her the insulin and she started walking but I could see her legs were still a problem. I called the vet and took her in. They will keep her for the day and do a BG curve and check her legs and watch her for changes. Any help with this would welcomed.

Comment

What was her BG?
      Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

I tried to get a BG but couldn't. Pricked her three times but she was getting to upset.

Comment

Vet just called, her BG was 350 and she said she didn't find anything wrong with her spine, she is favoring her left back leg but doesn't seem in pain, her knew pops out easily though. She is going to keep her and do a few more BG during the day and watch her leg. I was so worried that it was Diabetic related, I am hypersensitive to her since she was diagnosied.

Comment

Violet hurt her leg again yesterday, couldn't put any weight on her right front until late last night, I have no idea how she did it I was home with her all day. Is this something that could be diabetic related?

Comment

It doesn't sound diabetes related to me. Neuropathy is typically equal weakness in the hind legs because they are so much farther down the spinal cord. This sounds more like a localized problem - soft tissue injury, the knee problem, something along those lines.

Natalie

Comment

Ok thank you just concerned.

Comment

Took Violet to the Vet yesterday for her vaccinations and more blood work and to have the vet check her. 4 Months ago when she was diagnosed she weighed 21lbs now she is 16 and a half pounds. She now has cataracts in both eyes although she has some sight still. The vet heard a heart mummer (this is new). Waiting for the test results from the blood work and urine. I can't afford the ultrasound they want for the heart. Still having a hard time getting Violet to eat in the morning so I can give her the full dose of insulin (6) very frustrating, I have tried every type of food that I can to entice her to eat, everyone has suggestions so I get that and it might work once or twice but not consistently. I more time at night to spend cooking to find something she will eat so I can give her a full dose. Came home feeling shocked and concerned that I won't have Violet as long as I thought even with the diabetes.

Comment

I just wanted to say HI from one newbie diabetic Min Pin to another!

Mellow??? Violet must have a genetic defect!

I have had the great opportunity to love and share my life with many different breeds of dogs but I gotta say - there's nothing like a Min Pin!! I love the little things!

My Bella is a rescue (www.minpinrescue.org) and I remember the rescue lady coming to drop her off and she said, "Min Pins are like potato chips - you can never have just one"!! HOW TRUE!

Comment

you can reduce dosage for the amount fed you can even give a reduced dose without food and will be fine if your testing to figure out what that dosage may be . it may be worth your time

try without food see whats a good dose , then 1/4 .1/2 and 3/4 of food amount and dose for what is eaten
                      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Hello yes I love Min Pins I have three and they just have so much character. Violet spoiled me right away by being such a loving and mellow dog, got two more, second one (Sweet Pea) lets you know if she wants to be picked up she will be a snarling mess unless she is afraid then she launches her self at me to hold her and (protect her). The last one is just a little baby doll (Heather) snuggles and cries like a baby, but is willing to take on Sweet Pea in a heart beat. She has lots of nicks from getting into it with her.

Comment

Working...
                        X