Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canadian members - Where do you buy U40 syringes

Me again,
    The UltiCare syringes come from UltiMed and they charged me $44.61 CDN on July 31st for 200 syringes, (2 boxes of 100 in each box). I think she said there was $5 for shipping. The FedEx Trade Network charges me $9.95 separately for handling the syringes through the border.

I have just ordered another 200 so will know what they charge me when I get my Visa bill. I ALWAYS ALLOW 2 WEEKS FOR THE SYRINGES TO GET TO ME. I don't believe what UltiMed tells me about how long it will take. When they take the order they don't know what route the package takes and as we live in a small town and get our mail through a post box I have to include my post box number.
    If any Canadians want any more info, please feel free to contact me by PM.
    Jo-Ann & Lady

Comment

Jo-Ann,

This is great to know, as their website says they were shipping in the US only. I always ordered directly from them with no problems, but I'm in the US.

Thanks so much for going to the trouble of looking all of this up!

Kathy

Comment

You're welcome....they always deal with me just as if I live in the US ....I love them!!!
        Jo-Ann & Lady

Comment

I knew I forgot something...their phone number is on my Visa bill....1-877-858-4633. If any Canadians want to order from them, tell them that you got this info from me...they're just so polite and easy to deal with. And I think their computers take our postal codes. A lot of US computers can't take our postal codes as we have 6 digits and US zip codes only have 5!!
          Jo-Ann & Lady

Comment

Just ordered from UltiMed........$22.99/100. Ordered 200, their bill is $67.24(incl shipping) Have to see what border charges will be!
            They are the U-40, 1 cc/ml, 1/2" x 29.
            Marion

Comment

I order the U40 .5cc, 1/2 x 29 so wonder if mine are cheaper or the prices have gone up since July!! Will find out when the Visa bill arrives.
              Jo-Ann & Lady

Comment

Ladies,

I think I see where the extra $ comes in. Jo-ann buys her syringes "box only"--

http://www.vetrxsupply.com/itemdesc....=10&recstart=0

U-40 UltiCare Vet Rx Insulin Syringes 29g x .5cc 100/Box $17.99 BOX

Marion bought the syringe and disposal unit package--

http://www.vetrxsupply.com/itemdesc....=10&recstart=0

U-40 UltiCare Vet Rx Syringe/Ultiguard 29g x 1cc -100 Count $22.95 BOX

I see only the 1/2 cc syringes being offered "box only". The maximum number of units the 1/2 cc syringe holds is 20. 1 cc ones hold 40 and 3/10 syringes hold 12. If you need 1 cc or 3/10 cc syringes, they show them only as being sold with the disposal unit.

Marion, you're presently at 14.5 units with Cara and it doesn't seem that you'll be going up past the additional 5.5 units which would fill a 1/2 cc syringe. You might want to try ordering the "box only" 1/2 cc syringes next time.

When I was ordering from them they had only 1/2 cc and 1 cc syringes and both were "box only"--they didn't have any disposal units that could be bought with them.

Kathy

Comment

Is there a difference in length between 1/2 cc and 1 cc syringe?
                  Marion

Comment

Marion, there's a difference in the length of the barrel, where the insulin is held. The barrel of a 1 cc syringe would need to be longer than the barrel of a 1/2 cc syringe to hold more units.

While these are U 100 BD syringes, I think if I post the link to a page showing the U 100 3/10 cc, U 100 1/2 cc and U 100 1 cc, you can see that the barrel of the 1 cc syringe is longer than that of the 1/2 cc, and that the barrel of the 1/2 cc is longer than that of the 1/2 cc. When you view them all on the same page, I think it's easier to spot that.

The length of the needle is an entirely different measurement, just as the gauge of the needle is.

http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/d_06_341.htm

If you compared a U 40 syringe with a U 100 syringe both holding the same amount of cc's you would notice that the U 40 syringe has a "fatter" barrel and that the unit markings aren't as close together as they are on the U 100 syringe. But if you took both of them, filled them with water and "shot" the water into separate glasses, you'd find that both the U 40 and U 100 syringe held the same amount of liquid.

Kathy

Comment

Thanks Kathy!
                      It does not look like the difference is all that great. My hands are rather long and narrow (have trouble buying gloves) and was worried about short syringes. Next time I will order the 1/2cc syringes!

Learnt something new again
                      Marion

Comment

You're darn tootin' we aim to please!

Kathy

Comment

And that you do!
                          Marion

Comment

Our cheapest place for U40 1cc 28ga x 1/2" syringes was actually at our Vet at about $27 per box of 100.
                            The other drug stores prices were as follows.
                            Walmart pharmacy - $42 per 100
                            Shoppers Drug mart - $39 per 100
                            Guardian Drugs - $38 per 100
                            PetPharm website is almost $44 for 100
                            TSCPets.com is $21(USD) for 100

I did find a lot of websites in the US that ship free to the US only.
                            Some were $12 -$14(USD) for 100

Comment

This thursday is seniors day at Shoppers drug mart you can get 20% off
                              Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                              20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

Working...
                              X