VETSULIN - Shaken not Rolled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VETSULIN - Shaken not Rolled?

I love your spreadsheets. I have excel tracking as well, but not graphs with it.

I keep notes next to all my blood checks as well such as increase in dose, new bottle, etc.

When I give it to anyone on appointments they don't really even bother to look at it. I don't know why. Maybe just don't have the time.
    15 yr old, Atypical Cushings, Pancreatitis, Allergies. 11.5u Vetsulin 2x a day. Royal Canin Glycobalance 1 cup 2x Day with 3 teaspoons boiled chicken and chicken bone broth. Snacks Green Beans. Tylan Powder, Purina Fortiflora, Flax Hull Lignans 35mg 1x day.

Comment

Originally posted by bichons9 View Post
      Raysaint, Jesse girl.. and other members..based on your long time experience, Why don't members attach a spreadsheet to the posts? IMO..tracking others' results would be quite helpful ..Is it none of our business? Is it too time consuming? Do most consider the results of others' not helpful? Every FDMB member attaches their s.s...If it were not for this, Elliott (my cat) would not have gone into remission. Their s.s.'s shed so much light on what I should/could be doing to help Elliott.
      Actually I have not done a curve on Jesse for many years . I test her 3 fastings everyday and if they are out of whack for a week i will test and explore further
      Her pattern is a bit unpredictable but her range has been consistent from 250 to 100

The one thing with unpredictable regulation if I did curves all the time I would be changing things up all the time trying to get things more predictable numbers and thats were i was for a time in her early years . I got a bit nutty with tons of testing and not amounting to much

So as long as her 3 fastings are in range and i see no symptoms of lethargy or any other diabetic symptoms we are good . I had a binder book filled with information on jesse . It was helpful to attain regulation but to continue that just would not work long term for both me and jesse
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I only test fasting every morning now, as Riley has the best numbers he’s ever had, since I increased dose a half unit a couple months ago. Finally found the sweet spot.
        I also spot check midday if his morning fasting is high. He seems to crash down for some reason.
        I give him a midday carb snack as a safety measure.
        Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.

Comment

Working...
        X